Photos/Video: Cycling The "Remarkable" Ride in NZ

steephill
steephill Posts: 151
edited November 2007 in Tour & expedition
Here's a double-album set of photos and video from our trip to Queenstown, New Zealand. There are pluses and minuses to road biking in New Zealand, but cycling the east side of Lake Wakatipu is, without a doubt, one of the best rides anywhere:

http://www.steephill.tv/2007/queenstown/
www.steephill.tv bike travelogue

Comments

• Absolutely fab. Gone green with envy. Was there doing similar stuff in 1990 but it seems to be way way more expensive now. Remember my bungy jump costing about $40 including T shirt and vid.
    Also remember there was a company that bussed us to the top of mountain passes where we would mountain bike down singletrack while the bus went the long way round to pick us up at the bottom.
    Planning a career break for when the young jogooligans fly the coop. Just got to get back there.
  • Absolutely fab. Gone green with envy. Was there doing similar stuff in 1990 but it seems to be way way more expensive now. Remember my bungy jump costing about $40 including T shirt and vid.

So the price has quadtrupled in 17 years. I clarified on my site the price is $160 NZD which converts to $122 U.S. and 84 Euro. Video is not included anymore but the t-shirt still is. Needless to say, AJ Hackett has become a wealthy businessman.
    www.steephill.tv bike travelogue