Calshot tomorrow!

scherrit
scherrit Posts: 360
edited November 2007 in Track
I'm riding Calshot tomorrow!!! Boing! Boing Boing! My favourite salad bowl.....

Best I go and glue some tyres on....
If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    A friend who's ridden there said it was like the wall of death at the funfair...............sounds cool!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,105
    Bronzie wrote:
    A friend who's ridden there said it was like the wall of death at the funfair...............sounds cool!
    It's definitely the cycling equivalent of the wall of death. I rode it when I was 14, I think the bravado (stupidity?) of youth meant I just got on with it. Now I think I'd be much more wary. Ah, the joys of age. :wink:
  • scherrit
    scherrit Posts: 360
    Right, tyres glued on.... now where's my courage........

Seriously folks, it's amazing fun- you just need to go on a beginners day to learn the ropes..... the coach taking tomorrow's session is a top-notch instructor who runs an annual novice session in Sept or so. He then runs a monthly session (spilt into intermediates and elite groups) through the winter which is a track-enduro and track skills orientated session- ujst what you want after days of riding in the rain!

Keen-beans should maybe approach Calshot to see if other coaches are taking novice sessions there..... and you might like to know that Manchester run "taster" sessions for novices as well....

Boing!
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.