ooooh it's interesting in the dark

2»

Comments

• Discopooh wrote:
    I love to see the bunnys
    gay? :P hehe :D
  • barr lambs are funny too ...lol
  • I nearly had a head on crash with a maniac baby deer last night, plus we had the usual steamed up cars! :lol: A good old blast of 5-6 LED/Halogens through the window as we went passed sorted them out!! :lol:
    Scott Scale Custom
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09729.jpg

Kona Coilair 2007 Dark Peak Destroyer
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09727.jpg

"BOCD - If it aint perfect it aint good enough"
  • mba007
    mba007 Posts: 95
    The blinking deer eyes, the 'lovely' bunnies scattering, bats, rats and horses getting spooked.

A bat bounced off my front light the other night, brushed my leg and disappeared behind me. Being a nature-lover I turned back just in case it needed mouth-to-mouth and was surprised to find the poor thing curled up in that cubic-bat-shape they do. At this point I'm thinking 'bugger, i've killed a bat...' but then after about 10 seconds in the glare of my lights it slowly stretched its wings and phooom, off into the night it flew.

Still can't work out how a bat could run into something. I thought they were better than that!
  • Reeges
    Reeges Posts: 12
    Went riding last night on the local common. Having a great ride when something grabbed at my pedal and back wheel. Before I know it I'm thrown over the bars into a gorse bush!! Much to the amusemnet of my friend!
    Anyway checked my bike over to find an Army style trip wire tangled up in my rear hub!
    Took us about 20 mins to untangle the wire. Fortunately no damage.
    The Marines who were responsible were probably camped out watching and laughing!
  • last time i was on cwm carn on the XC on the last decent i had to play chicken with a ram running up the course.... it darted over a high bank i was quite impressed they could jump
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    mba007 wrote:
    The blinking deer eyes, the 'lovely' bunnies scattering, bats, rats and horses getting spooked.

A bat bounced off my front light the other night, brushed my leg and disappeared behind me. Being a nature-lover I turned back just in case it needed mouth-to-mouth and was surprised to find the poor thing curled up in that cubic-bat-shape they do. At this point I'm thinking 'bugger, i've killed a bat...' but then after about 10 seconds in the glare of my lights it slowly stretched its wings and phooom, off into the night it flew.

Still can't work out how a bat could run into something. I thought they were better than that!

A lucky escape..................

An [b]undead[/b] bat!

Do you carry a stake in your toolkit?

<b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    "a bat-killing stake for cyclists" - I will wait for the next Aldi sale
  • BikerDan
    BikerDan Posts: 188
    Living so near Mabie, i often go there once or twice a week for a night ride. Armed with my Hope LED's (which are soooo much better than my crappy Electron commuting candles :lol: ) its really scary the things you see.
    I was on the climb up to the Descender Bender when a bloody deer :evil: came from nowhere!! :shock: It kept running in the direction i was going, i was shouting and screaming at it to try and get it to move its backside back down the hill. :lol: Eventually it went away and that was the last.
    Thats what i thought! Near the end of the ride i came down a walking path (sorry!) thats good section for bikers and there it was again, its eyes shining back at me, it stood there until it was bored (or until i nearly crashed into it!). OMFG! Its scary at night! :o
    Learn on a Hardtail or be crap forever!
  • Discopooh wrote:
    I love to see the bunnys at night looking as you ride towards them thinking 'what the bloody hell is that?? 'what the bloody hell is that?' 'WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS THAT!!!!!' only to then do that darting left to right run away run, away thing.

Wait tilll you run one over not a nice experience on a bike
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
    Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
    Genisis Altitude 30, 09
    Giant XTC4, 04