Police in Richmond Park

il_principe
il_principe Posts: 9,155
edited November 2007 in The bottom bracket
Apologies, London-centric post!

The police were out in Richmond park this morning, they pulled over a car that overtook me, I was going about 28mph and reckon he must have been going at least 35mph, anyone been pulled over for speeding on their bike in the park recently?

Comments

• Didnt get stopped but I had the international hand signal for slow down given to me back in the summer. I was doing about 40mph coming down from the Richmond Gate entrance!!! Whoops. There are a few nutters who do well over 40mph in their cars though!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    14 oct I was knocked off my bike. Destination was Richmond Park and I had just finished getting to the top of West Hill. Don't remember much after that because I was knocked unconscious and woke up in hospital.
    Had a fractured skull which was leaking(?) fluid which was dripping out my ear (the brain is encased in a liquid of some sort. Hey don't ask me!). Cuts and grazes. Stayed in St George's hospital for three days. My RHR was 48 which seem to amaze some doctors "It's because he's so fit". 8)

Bike is not a write off but it costs too much to repair, so might as well get a new one.
    Riding another bike at the moment.

Still waiting for a report to be sent to me. Called the RTI(?) who said they're on top of it. All OI know at them moment is that a driver hit me from behind.

Now for the bad news... they cut off my clothes! Rapha T-shirt, Rapha winter jersey, Assos Knicker T roubaix all GONE. :(
    (still upset by that, which is why I'm contributing so much to the girls in lycra thread!)
  • Jeez, glad to hear your still with us though Overmars - what would happen to the Girls in Lycra thread without you?!
  • overmars
    overmars Posts: 430
    Thank you. I think! :):wink:
  • overmars wrote:
    I think! :):wink:

Oh yes, don't think for a moment I had any concern for your welfare, just the thread! :wink:
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    ouchie, glad you are ok!

my friend is a trainee doctor at St Georges, shes very fit!
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    ouchie, glad you are ok!

I live two streets away - might have to engineer some sort of minor accident around the home. Can you let me know her shift patterns please?! :D
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    homercles wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ouchie, glad you are ok!

I live two streets away - might have to engineer some sort of minor accident around the home. Can you let me know her shift patterns please?! :D
    haha poor you, you live in tooting :P
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    homercles wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    ouchie, glad you are ok!

haha poor you, you live in tooting :P

Nah, Colliers Wood - "East Wimbledon" if you're an estate agent!!
  • My brother lives in the 'hood'!

Small world!

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster