Would you

forcutty
forcutty Posts: 1,055
edited October 2007 in MTB general
send back a tube that you had'nt ordered to a company that didnt give you any free sweets!!! :o

Comments

• fabienno1
    fabienno1 Posts: 406
    Yes, I think this sort of thing is usually labelled as stealing, I could be wrong. Unless, you are talking about receiving a different tube to the one you ordered.
    <hr>

Do what you fear, you won\'t regret it.

You are only as brave as your skill level.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,583
    I would send it back if they were willing to refund the postage costs.

Remember it's your time to package it up, and visit the joyous place that is the post office as well.

I expect it wouldn't be worth their while though.

Dan
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Fabienno1 is morally technically right but it'll probably cost them more to get it back into stock than it's worth and that doesn't include the hassle and cost you'll get sending it back.

If it was an expensive item or lots of things I'd let let them know and expect for them to arrange the pick up. I'd also be cheeky and ask for a goodwill voucher for your honesty. Worked for me when another big online retailer totally stuffed up an order.

How does the sweeties thing work, I got them last time I ordered?
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • stevieboy
    stevieboy Posts: 704
    Phone them up and ask them what they think - that way if they say just keep it you're morally and legally in the clear! :D
    Scott Scale Custom
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09729.jpg

Kona Coilair 2007 Dark Peak Destroyer
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/ ... C09727.jpg

"BOCD - If it aint perfect it aint good enough"
  • Ciaran500
    Ciaran500 Posts: 348
    Pretty sure you're already legally in the clear.

For something like a tube I would bother, keep it and be thankful next time you get a puncture.
  • taytas
    taytas Posts: 116
    my god, what a load of fuss, It's not like they sent you a bike, just keep it.
    I would :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/78996282@N ... otostream/

LIFE'S WHAT YA MAKE IT....ALLWAYS HAS BEEN, ALLWAYS WILL BE.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Yes, I think this sort of thing is usually labelled as stealing, I could be wrong. Unless, you are talking about receiving a different tube to the one you ordered.

No, it's not stealing, in fact it is an offence to send unsolicited goods and then to ask for payment.

The Unsolicited Goods and Services Act applies here. You can either tell them to collect it within 30 days, after which time it's legally yours; or don't say a word, wait six months and then it's legally yours.

I once got a double delivery of 2 laser printers (I ordered 2, got two separate deliveries of 2 printers), I did the latter, after 6 months I sold them on ebay.