New to the site, just bought myself a new mountain bike

turboDean
turboDean Posts: 13
edited November 2007 in MTB beginners
Hi all, used to live on my mountain bike when i was a kid, now 27 years old i thought it was time to get myself a good bike to help me get fit whislt having some fun.
Starting looking in the summer with a budget of about £500-£600 but this just seemed to keep going up the more i looked at bikes, last week i finally bit the bullet and ended up spending over double my orignal budget on a second-hand bike :shock:
So here it is:
sworks.jpg

The guy i bought it off, bought it brand new in June this year as a 2007 Stumpjumper Elite, then after a few weeks he upgraded the frame to a Stumpjumper S-works Carbon frame.

Hope u all like 8)

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Nice bit of kit you got there!
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • very nice bike!! :wink:
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Very nice bike mate... you're going to love it!

Welcome to the forum too ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    Welcome mate. Nice bike.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • Nice rig! My wife has an 05 Stumpie and loves it.

Welcome back to the fold and welcome to BikeRadar!
    John Stevenson
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    Very nice rig mate! Welcome to the forum.

Where are you going to take her for the first outing? or have you already?
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Cracking bike, well jealous. I've got a stumpy elite and love it. Paid more than you as well :evil:

Have fun getting fit, I have (most of the time).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Thanks for the kind comments guys, glad you like it, i'm loving it so far, just got to get the crank slipping problem sorted and it will be prefect.
    stumpyjon wrote:
    Cracking bike, well jealous. I've got a stumpy elite and love it. Paid more than you as well :evil:

Have fun getting fit, I have (most of the time).

Jon i'm well happy with it, think i had bit of a bargin really, The rrp on the bike was around £1700 and the rrp on the frame was also around £1700, so i was more than happy with getting it for just over £1200.
  • Sev101
    Sev101 Posts: 56
    Cant go wrong with an elite mate - nice choice - you would probably only have ended up upgrading to something else quite quick (like I did much to mrs me and the bank accounts detriment!) anyway so you may as well spend a bit more and get what you do want - saves times in the long run!!
  • Sev101 wrote:
    Cant go wrong with an elite mate - nice choice - you would probably only have ended up upgrading to something else quite quick (like I did much to mrs me and the bank accounts detriment!) anyway so you may as well spend a bit more and get what you do want - saves times in the long run!!

Exactly what i thought, was orginally going to buy a hardtail, but would of probably of end up upgrading after a few months anyway.
  • Mr bump
    Mr bump Posts: 369
    Very nice bike mate. :D
    Eagles may fly high but Weasels dont get sucked into jet engines.

http://is.pinkbike.com/photo/4466/pbpic4466217.jpg
  • Sev101
    Sev101 Posts: 56
    Glad to see you agree - I bought a hardtail to begin with Hardrock Pro had it six months and have just bought a Marin Riftzone 2006 off e-bay - Saved some cos was 06 model but I am soooooo pleased with it.

Frightened me to death first couple of rides cause it picks up speed so much quicker than the other one and it's got 2.1 tyres on where as the others were a bit more bulky so took more work to get same results!

Now I have got the hang of it I really like it!!

Enjoy!
  • nice, definately a sweet ride, hope u get fit while having fun...
    thats what i'm doin...

:wink: