bike car racks

mcduff16
mcduff16 Posts: 17
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Hello

can anyone recommend a good 2 bike car rack (rear, not roof) to fit a nissan micra (the old 99 shape not the new bubble shape). budget is £40-50, thanks 8)

Comments

• robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    i got mine from aldi for 25 quid. It fits my peugot 106 (2001) nicely. Took it out first time on thursday no problems whatsoever.
  • Rich Hcp
    Rich Hcp Posts: 1,355
    I use a Hollywood rack.

Really good, but you need a lightboard too.

Try Ebay, you can get some bargains...
    Richard

Giving it Large
  • C1234
    C1234 Posts: 26
    I got one from *cough* Halfords *cough*. It was more like £80, but it clips onto the car rather than straps on. If you're going to get any kind of regular use out of it, then thishas got to be the way to go.

over 6 months of twice weekly use, and still going strong. 1 min to attach to car, 2 mins to attach teh bike.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Surely you should be looking for the Vauxhall Corsa with the integrated bike rack as the way to go :?: I think that is a brilliant idea, if only Ford would fit it as standard to their Focus range then my company car would actually be useful!

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • C1234
    C1234 Posts: 26
    Surely you should be looking for the Vauxhall Corsa with the integrated bike rack as the way to go Question

..At the expense of your spare wheel. also its a £400 extra!
  • Parkey
    Parkey Posts: 303
    I have a Nissan Micra of about the same age and I use one of these.

Easily takes two bikes whilst leaving the lights and numberplate visible.
    "A recent study has found that, at the current rate of usage, the word 'sustainable' will be worn out by the year 2015"