£350.00 Budget.

trenchn
trenchn Posts: 24
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
[Hi All,
I'm am just about to try and lose my middle-aged spread (45 with two young children).
I have about £300.00 to spend and have the following requiremnets.
Hardtail.
Lockout Forks.( Most of my rides will involve a few miles on the raod to reach them.)
Disc brakes.
A frame to suit my 6'2 height and 99kg(hopefully reducing soon) weight.
I had decided on the Kraken, but Halfords don't seem to be able to sell me one and also they only do a 20" frame, Do I need a 22"?
I'm quite happy to buy mail order, from the web, etc.
I like the look of the Mongoose, but it doesn't have lockout forks, I don't think.
I also like the look of the Specailized Hardrock Sport Disc, but I don't think that has lockout forks, either.
all advice great appreciated.
Cheers
Nick. In Evesham, Worcestershire. Anyone else in this area?
P.S I have just found the Mongoose tyax Super 07 For £279.99 Delivered. Am I going to better that? I can't find a review for this model on here!!

Comments

• Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    How about a GT Aggressor XC2.0? a 20" frame should be ok I'd imagine as I'm 5'11 and the 20" frame is fine for me, I think it comes down to inside leg measurement too
  • trenchn
    trenchn Posts: 24
    Thanks for that, I should have mentioned that I will not being doing the mental stuff some of you do, just a bit of offroad up hill and down dale!
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Why disc brakes?

You are looking at nearly £100 worth of gear that by your own admission ('I will not being doing the mental stuff some of you do, just a bit of offroad up hill and down dale!
    ') you won't need. A good 'V' brake works very well in 'normal' conditions.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com