Fork Choice - Commencal Meta5 build

Eddyfire
Eddyfire Posts: 72
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
I'm considering building a bike up around this reportedly brilliant frame but I'm wee bit confused about which fork i should go for?

The stock bikes come with Fox Float 140s but think they're maybe a bit long travel XC for me. I'm a big guy who punishes bikes and as such am going to buiild the meta into a more meaty version than the stock numbers. Not going to be doing anything radge on it, mainly 7stanes stuff, rocks,drops amd some jumps.

So do I go for Fox 36's of some description - and the higher price - or is the Zocchi 66 ATA a cheaper yet viable alternative. Or will 160mm travel at the front be too much?

Any advice?
Trust the Rubber!

Comments

• Tony06
    Tony06 Posts: 311
    maybe consider marzochhi z1s??? i have an 06 set on my hardtail and i mainly do dh and they hold up fine very plush too!!
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    140mm will be fine, they are also going to be lighter than the 36's and a lot lighter than the 66's. If you wanted more travel, you would of been better of with a Supreme 6.

Do you think you would really notice the extra 20mm ?
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • fly4fun
    fly4fun Posts: 416
    if you want the extra travel, get the meta 6. if not, the fox fork is very nice, or you could put a pair of pikes on them.
    dsc00392gg1.th.jpg
  • habitrail
    habitrail Posts: 109
    pikes, work amazing with a meta 5 frame.