Wiggle

deanvw
deanvw Posts: 412
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
Is Wiggle a good company..i think im going to buy some wheels off them because they are on special offer

Halo Combat 26" Front and Rear 112pound

Comments

• Dan.hkr
    Dan.hkr Posts: 68
    very big company, no experiance with them personally, but i would trust them to be good.
    Enjoy the simple things in life
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    ordered a few thingw with them no problems........ 8)
  • Both my mate and me,buy stuff from them on a regularl basis.No problems at all.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • i agree very good company......

Make sure you sign up for the news letter as you should get a money of voucher code
    http://www.sketchymtb.co.uk/Blah.pl the new XC in Kent

http://deadpool2e.pinkbike.com/channel/Afan-Vids/

MOUNTAIN BIKING- The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • mtb.boy
    mtb.boy Posts: 208
    Goods always arrive quickly and well packaged. Somtimes you even get free Wiggle sweets in the box. (Wiggle sweets are like jelly teddies but are in the shape of the Wiggle name).
    The first rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is.

The second rule of cycling is - Tell everyone how great cycling is !!!!
  • Just ordered from Wiggle and paid the extra £3.99 for priority despatch, order arrived via City Link at 2.00pm following day and I live miles out in the countryside. I would recommend them.
  • Wiggle are great. However, I personally would get hand built wheels from Merlin.
  • I've never had a problem with wiggle & even with the standard (free) postage option the deliveries usually quick.

Will be going to Merlin for wheelsmyself though. From what I've heard, their build quality is some of the best available.

If you've never used wiggle before, I'll happilly refer you. Just pm me your email addy, follow the link in the mail they send you & if you spend more than £50.00 within 6 weeks, they'll throw in a free pair of dhb triple lens glasses.
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    A huge 'big up' to Merlin and their wheelbuilding from me - ordered one last Friday, it arrived late Thursday exactly to spec.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    average bits n bobs from Chain reaction or Wiggle especially if they've got a deal on, wheels from merlin (i would if i had to, not needed to yet though) and everything else from LBS ie i bought a tyre for my dad from there last week and now he needs new grips.
  • Iain W
    Iain W Posts: 26
    I just bought a few things from Wiggle, and I've been very happy with it. Good delivery speed, and decent prices. I'm waiting on some gloves at the moment which have been on back order for nearly a week though (the rest of the order was despatched straight away)
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Wiggle along with Chain Reaction Cycles are the "cream" of online retailers - on the rare occasions there is a problem they sort it out brilliantly, though problems are rare. The free delivery option invariably means next day. Shame Luker has already offered to refer you - I would have been pleased to do so myself :(
  • Yes agree with the majority...

I have used wiggle on numerous occasions and apart from the feckin huuuge boxes they package everything in they can't be faulted!

The same goes for CRC - have used these massively also...

BUT...

Go to Merlin, wheel pro or somewhere that 'specializes' in wheel building. I have had two pairs of hand built wheels from Merlin and they are truly handcrafted - truly great!