HOPE HIDs

plumby
plumby Posts: 38
edited October 2007 in MTB buying advice
Found these for £199 on the web... are they a good buy in relation to everything else on the market?

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Can't really comment as I've not used them.

Although, as I've posted before, I would seriously recommend the Lumicycle lights, however their HID ones are a bit more expensive than the Hope one's you've found.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Personally I would look at LEDs - HIDs are more fragile, have a shorter life, and are more costly to replace. They probably have shorter run times for a given battery size, too. LEDs around that price are now seriously competing with HIDs.
  • hi there,

I bought the hid light last year for off road - some of it on road. riding from whistable to canterbury every night. Brill lights even in the rain. Only thing I wish they would change is the mount which uses a allloy key to remove. Quick release would be very useful!

I haven't had any problems with the light or battery - except I did manage to break one of the connecting pins (which hope fixed for me free of charge)

The light is so bright - cars will dip their headlights, which is good if you are in the middle of nowhere.

hope this helps!