Anyone here go out in Newbury on a 'Banjo Cycles' ride?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,601
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Hello,

I live near Newbury, and this is my LBS.

I gather they do roadie rides on a Tuesday evening - just wondered if anyone on here attended, and how fast they went :wink:

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• bahzob
    bahzob Posts: 2,195
    I live in Newbury and yes I go on them, but only when daylight lasts until 20.30 or thereabouts so dont need lights.

Some nutters go out thru winter using lights and there is a MTB ride on Thursdays that does ditto.

Rides are 1.30 to 2 hours depending on time of year, tend to average 25kph and usually have one or two hills (Coombe Gibbet is often on the menu). But very informal, no set leader, usually decide route as we go along. There's a bit of racing along the way but nothing serious and we always regroup. Great fun and recommended, pop into Banjo and find out more..

BTW there is also a NRC club ride that leaves clock tower in market square 9.00 sundays. Its pretty gentle 100km at 25kph or so with a break for coffee halfway.
    Martin S. Newbury RC
  • john74
    john74 Posts: 254
    i lived in newbury for 20 odd years and i always used to go to banjo cycles even when it was craven cycles, i went to school with the owner a very nice guy.
    2010 Forme Reve
    2010 Giant Talon 1