Stolen PISTA, London.

exmoorfoxhound
exmoorfoxhound Posts: 4
edited November 2007 in Road stolen
The 1 day I couldn't park my bike inside my very kind employer's office...someone out there has just taken my Grey Condor Pista - think it's a 49cm frame (sloping) .blue SLR, black Thomson stem, chromed Velocitas with no bar tape, twin tektro X levers, Campag chorus cranks, Elipse rear, red Keos, carbon effect race blades...stolen from EC1. We actually have the individual on CCTV - at 12:57 Hrs, a white male, slim built wearing a black jacket with a logo on the back came and crouched down by the north end of bike rails for approximately one minute, He stood up and walk towards the north direction towards the museum of London. At 13:09 Hrs, he returned from the same direction, immediately took the bike and was seen leaving via Gresham street. Unfortunately the image of the individual is not very clear.
Shame I forgot to loosen those wheelnuts...
Love to know when it appears on Ebay or Brick Lane...

Comments

• cntl
    cntl Posts: 290
    Sorry to hear that. Did you have it insured?

And what type of lock did you use? Cable?
  • Fortunately it was insured - recommed Zurich Private Client - they paid up starightaway no questions...and yes..it was a cable lock..really not worth the effort !
  • This isn't yours is it? Not sure it fits you description exactly, but advert looks dodgy and seems a bit of a coincidence.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/41/15729341.html

Just thought you should know.

Hope you get your bike back, I recently lost my Kinesis Racelight from St Thomas' Hospital (see ad), so know how you feel.
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    afelstead wrote:
    This isn't yours is it? Not sure it fits you description exactly, but advert looks dodgy and seems a bit of a coincidence.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/41/15729341.html

Just thought you should know.

Hope you get your bike back, I recently lost my Kinesis Racelight from St Thomas' Hospital (see ad), so know how you feel.

Not saying that it's true in this case but Gumtree is awash with stolen bikes at the moment, certainly in London. It seems to be the online version of Brick Lane. It also carries many scam ads - if you enquire about an ad they ask you to send your bank details to someone in Germany!

Unlike ebay it's entirely unregulated and works on a cash basis. Be warned!

a serious case of small cogs