Theft of Two Scott bikes. Norton, Stockton on Tees.

miket-62
miket-62 Posts: 227
edited January 2008 in MTB stolen
I don't beleive it..
Some ba^*"$rd has broken into my house and stolen BOTH my Scott bikes!
Genius 10
Scale 20
I was only out of the house for an hour (lunch time) came back and both bikes are gone!
I keep both bikes in the house and it appears that they broke in the back window and took them out the same way.
I'm ferkin gutted!
I bought the Scale with the money my mam left me in her will...........Thats just wrong taking away someones memorys like that.
The police have been around but there's not much they can do really.
Please keep your eyes open for them chaps
I live in Cleveland so anyone offering you a cheep Scott call the Police will ya and get the f^"kers arrested!
Hopefully I will be insured as this was a burglary NOT a theft of a bike.
I'll keep you updated.

Comments

• I am sorry to hear that, it's stupid people like that who spoil everything about mountain biking.

If the bikes were in your house the chavs who stole them must have known they were in there or they wernt look for them. Either way ask around the area if anyone has had anything else stolen..proberley the same people.

Sorry can't be any more help.
    Part of the Left-handed CommunityTM
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    i have just sent you a PM....
  • jacktheoc
    i only live about 1mile away then so i will keep a look out and PM you if i see anything....
  • gutted for you mate, if you find them, don't bother with the police just break their robbing barstard legs
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Sorry to hear that mate, I can only imagine how devestated you are.

I'm originally from Norton so I'll ask a few people I still know down there to keep an eye out for chavs on Scott bikes.

Do you have any pics of the bikes to make it easier to spot them?
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Bromski
    Bromski Posts: 239
    Mate - borrow mine any time until you get them replaced...

PS mobile is out of action for a couple of days so PM me on here or use work email
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    SOrry to hear that mate - dread the day it happens to me!
  • miket-62
    Hiya
    Just a quick update
    6.35 pm the police (finger-print guys) have just been around and found that they got in through the smallest of windows and got the bikes out through another at the back of the house.
    They were wearing gloves :x
    A mate of mine has said I can borrow his until I get the insurance sorted.
    I'm just gutted...........
    How do I post a picture just so you's can see what I had?
  • CowboyBob
    CowboyBob Posts: 977
    Have you checked your local "dodgy" market or ebay to see if they are there?
    Cowboy by name, Cowboy by nature ...... and sick \'n\' twisted to boot!!!

http://www.wetshovel.vox.com

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1081352/
  • miket-62
    Hiya CowboyBob
    Yeah I'm keeping my eys open
    I got all my mates looking
    Ive even asked some "dodgy" lads I know in the area to "put the word on the street man"
    I'm gonna check out the local Boot-fairs come Sunday Morning
    I really am desperate to get these bikes back!
  • Bromski
    Bromski Posts: 239
    Any joy?
  • miket-62
    Hiya,
    No, no joy at the moment :(
    As I said I've got the word out, all my mates (2 of them) are keeping their eyes peeled.
    The insurane are due to come Thurs next week, I only hope to God that I an insured, the policy says I am but you never know :?
    I WILL keep you all informed.....
    Thanks for asking
  • jacktheoc
    hey any news i am still keeping an eye out
  • miket-62
    Hiya jacktheoc
    Thanks for asking about the bikes
    NO! :cry: No news yet about the bikes (my old ones anyway)
    The insurance came around wednesday gone and said everything looks OK claim wise.
    So it looks like I'm gonna be covered. (Thank God)
    But I still haven't heard anything regarding the replacements yet
    I'll give them a call tomorrow (Wednesday) and see whats happening
    Untill I do I'm still riding my mates H/T Giant. WOW that thing hurts for an old timer like me no suspension an' all :(
    Thanks for asking please keep your eyes peeled
    I'll keep you posted on developments
    Ta
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what colour is the Scale?

Im only asking as when I was on my way into Middlesbrough on Monday I saw some chav shite riding a black scott bike down Abingdon Road. I think he might have been heading for the Nacro place as he turned down towards that building.

I only got a quick look but it was an all black Scott hardtail. It hadnt been resprayed, still had all the stickers on it. Didnt get a good look at the chav riding it though. Ill more than likely see it again as I am in the area virtually every day.

It might not be stolen but it does seem a little odd to see a chav riding around on a Scott bike in an area that is rife with bicycle crime. Although it hadnt been repainted or destickered so he might have actually bought it.

Hope this might be of some use
  • miket-62
    Hiya nibbleit
    Thanks for keeping your eyes open
    Here is a link with photos of the bikes (hope it works)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8019000@N04/475012244/

Is Abingdon road to the left or right as you go down Linthorpe Road?
    I'll have a drive around there Friday and Saturday, see what I can see
    Thanks for the info...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Im round that way tomorrow and friday morning so Ill try and have a good look. I think he may have your black hardtail but maybe with some different forks on it but as I say Ill try and get a better look and get back to you.

Abingdon Rd is off Boro road. If you come down Linthorpe Rd to the Crown crossroads and take a right turn and go past the main entrance to the Uni, where there is another crossroads. Go straight ahead at these and keepp going. You'll come to another set of lights with a left turn, go down there, thats Abingdon Rd. There is a blue building on the right hand side called The International Center and then another crossroads (sort of). The Nacro building is at the crossroads. Full off chavvy little wankers who are usually on bikes, I think its some kind of probation service scheme for kids with too many ASBO's or whatever.
  • miket-62
    Up-date...

The insurance has FINALLY paid up! Just really dragged their feet about the whole claim.

So Now I have my bikes back :D

I did a deal with the insurance (cost for cost) and I swapped the Scale for a Stumpjumper FSR Expert So now I have 2 full sus bikes.
    With my bad back I think my days of Ht are over.

Thanks to all of you and your kind words, support and keeping your eyes open for me.
    Special thanks to Peter for lending me his Giant HT. You can have it back, my back is KILLING ME!!!

See you on the hills... :wink:

PS
    My bikes have two "nasty" locks on them in the house!
    They'll have to take half the room away with them if they try it again...
    Word of warning to you all...
    Lock 'em
    Chain 'em
    Secure them!!!
  • Hey exactly same situation as Miket - Grandad left me £2000, I bought a Stumpy with it, had it in house and some bast£*ds broken in and nicked it. Half thought I saw someone on it in Boro the other day but by time I got turned around in car there was no sign. [/size]

Please please look out for it. Its a pink and black specialized stumpjumper fsr comp (womens spec) with usual specialized pro in white on tyres, fox full susp, no reflectors (As they're for sisys).

Was stolen 11th Dec 2007 in Darlington.

NOT FULLY INSURED(my bloody faulty) ;-(

Fortunately I caught one of them coming back for Giant XTC 4 and jumped them so police got one but not led to recovery.

£200 reward for return Tracey 07760175782[/size]
  • miket-62
    There are some nasty people in this world, they just don't care how people feel when they do these things do they? You do really get attached to your bike don't you.
    I would think that your bike should be more noticeable (PINK!!!)
    I'll keep my eyes peeled for you
    Fingers crossed
  • Thanks.

Every bike i see I'm about to jump on, nearly knocked a scout off in the dark the other night as frame shape looked similar!

Ps, does anyone know if someone around Redcar is missing an 'Orange' bike (as in make not colour) - keep seeing a chav on one at the train station there a lot. Haven't been there for few weeks so forgot details of it but it is there quite regularly. Also saw a scroat in Darlington on a Giant XTC 4 (although they'd taped over make and model I just recognise it as we have one). Should set up CHAV WATCH!!!