Trailer for older kids

DaveC2
DaveC2 Posts: 3
edited December 2007 in Family & kids cycling forum
Hi - I do a twice weekly comute of ~5 miles each way with one or two kids. I've been using a Shetland trailer, which is starting to come apart and has never been very weather proof. In addition at 4 and 2 the kids are starting to get a bit squashed in it. Any recomendations on which tailers to go for to get another couple of years out of it? A couple from the Chariot range look good (the Chabrolet XL and the Comfort) orfrom the Burley range the Cub or the Bee. Any advice on which to go for? I need space and waterproofness as the main criterial.

Comments

• Dave we just bought a Trek go-bug for our tall-for-his-age 4 year old. Plenty leg room and very weather proof. Pricey, but I'm hoping to get another two summers out of it.
  • We have a Burley Bee - and its fine (but getting a bit cramped) for two boys 5 and 2.
    It's well made and I strongly recommend it. I had a Kool-Stop / Winchester one before which was heavier and noisier.

If you are in Hants / Dorset give me a PM and come and try it.
    "It must be true, I saw it on the Internet!"
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    you need a bike like the Goodies had- the kids are old enough to act as stokers for you :twisted: :evil:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666 wrote:
    you need a bike like the Goodies had- the kids are old enough to act as stokers for you :twisted: :evil:

:lol: titter
  • pigman
    pigman Posts: 76
    spen666 wrote:

I know your sort... stokers my a#se. you want them to push you around all day
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    pigman wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Kids love being able to do this!
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    pigman wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

No, I like to push little kids around- it makes me feel dead hard and big :wink:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • I have noticed that if my 5 year-old slows her pedalling on our MTB + tag-a-long tandem it starts to really drag.

She loves to do the pedalling by herself and there are a couple of straight, flat roads on our route where we have some momentum and she can keep us at 15mph quite happily.

T x