whistler

grommet
grommet Posts: 636
edited October 2007 in MTB rides
hi all, me and a bunch of friends are planning a trip to whistler for around a month, or two..

how ever, we have no idea on the best way to get there, how much it will cost, what the weather will be like and where to stay.

any help will be very useful

thank you

Comments

• jez1984
    jez1984 Posts: 11
    Hi i went last year.

We flew to Vancouver then got a hire car and drove up to whistler from there (about 120km) on Highway 99.

We stayed in a palce about 3km away from Whistler Village called Whistler Creek. The accomodation was called Lake Placid Lodge on Lake Placid Road. Not sure on how much it cost as my mum sorted all of that out, it was quite cheap at the time as they were carrying out building works and the place was pretty empty. There were other places to stay around our place though. Across the road from us was a small complex of shops for gifts and food shopping and a Starbucks.

We went in October 2006 and the weather was still really good. The bike park in Whistler Village was still open and a short bike ride from the village there is a lake called the lost lake which is surrounded by woodland containing loads of trails and northshore stuff which is all free to ride just had to hire a bike, of which there are loads of places to hire from all with varying prices.

I also believe there is a company nearby called ticket 2 ride bc who will send you a brochure and cd on the different trips which they arrange.

Hope this helps

Jez
  • grommet
    grommet Posts: 636
    Oh right thank you! I have heard of ticket 2 ride BC before but never looked in to it...

Any idea on how much it is to take a bike on a plane there?

thanks again