Another accident....

2»

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    The only times I've fallen off (non of them at all serious thankfully) my gloves have saved me from nasty grazes. Probably the single most important bit of safety equipment you can have (excluding brakes possibly!). Its a natural instnct to stick you hands out when you fall off.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Always wear gloves when riding, otherwise you can't entertain yourself while lying in your hospital bed when you fall off :lol:
  • t4tomo wrote:
    The only times I've fallen off (non of them at all serious thankfully) my gloves have saved me from nasty grazes. Probably the single most important bit of safety equipment you can have (excluding brakes possibly!). Its a natural instnct to stick you hands out when you fall off.

That's not always necessarily true...especially if you lock your arms and end up with dislocated shoulders or broken wrists.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Count yourself lucky that the driver even stopped. I was knocked off by a black cab a few years ago and landed pretty much on my face. I was spark out and the driver didn't stop at all! Luckily I was 5 mins from Chelsea & Westminster hospital and was rescued by a passing doctor... I wear a helmet these days as well!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    t4tomo wrote:

That's not always necessarily true...especially if you lock your arms and end up with dislocated shoulders or broken wrists.

I was thinking similar thoughts
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Hi many years ago when first out with a local cycling club i got hit from behind by a car, the rider next to me was also hit and we both ended up on the ground. The driver of the car got out and immediately said in front of all of us at the scene that it was his fault, he apologised and told me as only my bike was damaged that he would pay to have the bike repaired, he also offered me a lift home. The next day after work i contacted the same man, he told me he has had a change of heart and that it was my fault, i would not get any money out of him and if i phoned again he would contact the police.I went to the police station and reported the accident, something you must legally do within 24Hours of an accident. I gave a statement and fellow club members who were present at the time also made statements. The police were brilliant, they investigated the accident and took a statement from the man who caused the accident in the first place. This arsehole had the cheek to call my home and tell me he was going to get a barrister to tear me up for arse paper and i would be laughed out of court. The case went to court and of course i won and was awarded substantial damages at the time. Idid learn a valueable lesson , you can never believe anything said at the scene of an accident, an admission of guilt means nothing, and if you fail to report the accident then you will have a hell of a job getting any compensation. So to all cyclists involved in accident where ther is damage to your bike or you suffer any injurys please report it to the police and give them as much information as you can.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    red draggon.

which lbs did you take your bike to for repair i know your from warrington i work in warrington as you know i also know warrington very well,.

there are 3 decent bike shops in warrington 2 just out of the town centre and one only a few minutes walk,. these sell decent road bikes,...