blackpool area- urgent need of routes in unknown lands

downtime
downtime Posts: 19
edited November 2007 in MTB rides
Have to go to blackpool this w/e for work but need a fix of singletrack or freeride.
Can anyone let me know if there is any riding within 50miles of blackpool?

Comments

• Rivington near Bolton...google it and it'll tell you all you need to know..i am but a novice so i ve not hit the trails up there yet but i ve walked them :oops:
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    not sure about 50mile but if you come over to the north east their is:
    chopwell-newcastle
    stainburn-leeds
    guisborough wood-guisborough
    hamsterley-bishop auckland
    carlton-middlesbrough region
    they are all excellent trails but are about 80-90miles away..hamsterley and guisborough would be 2 good ones to do in a day, both excellent and fairly close :!:
  • gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    How about the Lake District? About an 1hours drive away from Blackpool. MTB Cumbria
  • Odelay!
    Odelay! Posts: 58
    Too late for this weekend, but for future reference, Gisburn Forest has lots of trails, including some unmarked downhill bits, and is under 50 from Blackpool.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Check out the area around Burnley/Todmorden/Hebden Bridge (Burnley is 45 miles from Blackpool) - it's absolutely riddled with bridleways. I should know I live there!

It's quite possible to do a 25 mile loop with about 95% off-road.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • Checkout the Lancashire County Council Mountain Biking page at this link http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environment/cycling/mountain.asp for some ideals on what offer The Salter Fell track is worth doing! There some interesting bridleways starting in Dunsop Bridge