Got myself a new fixie !

proto
proto Posts: 1,483
edited October 2007 in Road general
Back to the fixie fold. Bought a Shorter road frame on ebay the other week, sent it off to Mario Vaz for a fixie conversion - new dropouts, remove various cable stops, fill up a hole under the BB and repaint. He's done a lovely job and at a very good price too, £160 the lot. Lousy photos don't show the beautiful rich,deep red metallic.

Frame is early/mid seventies, probably made by Barry Chick or possibly Alec Bird (depends who you ask). Because of its age, already spaced at 120mm, so an easy conversion. If you want me I'll be in my shed putting it together! :D

shorter.JPG

Shorter9.JPG

Shorter8.JPG

Comments

• homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Looks smart - be sure to keep us up to date as the completed product takes shape.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Hi Proto!

Congrats on joining the fold.
    Have to say, that's a smashing job for the money, really nice.

Enjoy!

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    Lovely conversion. Do you have Mario's telephone number handy I did have but I have lost it.

Thanks Gary
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    i found an abandoned frame on monday and built it up into this for my giirlfriend:

1760050531_619b7d3e37.jpg

she loves it.

i flipped and chopped the bars, sourced some cheap wheels.

i keep posting the picture all over the place but no-one comments. i'm really pleased with my handiwork.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    Nice job peejay - but those cranks look a bit long if the saddle height is anything to go by. :wink:
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    oh yeah - i haven't raised the saddle yet. GF refuses to get on a bike unless both feet are firmly flat on the ground. it's also the original cranks/chainring. it was cheaper to switch the back not the front. (and easier).
  • isn't your girlfriend the lucky one :D

I hope she is appropriately grateful
    getting there......