Shockwave XT950 ?

2»

Comments

• missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    ukdemon wrote:
    very true but gave me sumin to tinker with, i mean yer im still saviong up for a specilised hardtail, but at the end yes its cost alot but theres nothing wrong with trying to make something better

There is if the costs of your upgrades outweigh the cost of buying a newer, better, lighter, more durable and reliable bike.

And why have you dug up a two year old post for this fail?
  • yer I took it to the local bike run here and to the lakes
  • Braver than me then!
  • I just thought I put summing down about the bike, only found it the otehr day
  • O god yer I will say going up hill is a mission on it cos of the weight on the back
  • Its going down hill i'd be more scared about on one of those!
  • i did do down hill first time i got it and yer those old parts are crap it fell apart but i did it recently with the new ones and cant moan i mean i was gonna scrap it
  • I mean ok it is no way by a good bike ill agree no harm in saying but going down the rear weight helpd loadz it gripped well, inot sure id trust it on a very extreme downhill
  • anyhow guys thanx for the advice
  • Sploosh
    Sploosh Posts: 24
    I'm having a good time reading this. I went up to see my sister in Scotland last week and her partner has one of these Shockwaves... I have an Anthem and let me just say... What a bike that shockwave is! We went to Glentress and did the red route. I bent my front wheel and the Shockwave was damage free. We were doing jumps, hitting big drop offs and basically trying to go faster than each other...

I'm really impressed with the durability of this machine, some of the sections he was 10 or 20 seconds behind me but others he was right there and even faster in some parts.

Anyone who has one of these has made a good choice in budget cycling. Your bike only needs to be as good as your skills. Anyone planning on doing Spooky Woods up at Glentress then take a hit. About 40 quid on eBay at the moment.

22 quid to borrow a Trek hard tail at Glentress and this beast has saved at least that already.
  • bailsofhay
    bailsofhay Posts: 191
    Thread resurrection, fitting time of year.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Sploosh wrote:
    I have an Anthem and let me just say... What a bike that shockwave is! We went to Glentress and did the red route. I bent my front wheel and the Shockwave was damage free. We were doing jumps, hitting big drop offs and basically trying to go faster than each other...

I'm really impressed with the durability of this machine, some of the sections he was 10 or 20 seconds behind me but others he was right there and even faster in some parts.

I'm fairly certain that's down to your bad riding rather than the quality of his bike.