7 Stanes

vernon08
vernon08 Posts: 5
edited October 2007 in MTB rides
7 Stanes

I'm new to this forum and would like to know if there are many riders aware of the 7 Stanes in the Scottish Borders??

I'm a great fan of them, they are great fun and are getting very popular, but just wondering how well known they are on the forum.
Scotlands 7 world class off road trails. Click here 7 Stanes to watch videos, download maps and get an overview of these fantastic Mountain Bike routes in Southern Scotland

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    I don't think you will find a rider on here who hasn't been or known someone who has been to the Stanes! I make sure I spend a week in Glentress every year to get my fix!
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    Is this a marketing boost or something? I think if you're into that kind of riding you would know about the 7stanes. was there for 6 days of riding in july, stayed in dumfries in a campsite and did kirroughtree, dumfries, mabie and ae one day after the other then went n camped in peebles and did innerleithen XC and glentress red route/freeride. 6 days 6 rides.
  • djdime
    djdime Posts: 48
    spammage
  • I'm pleased that there is recognition.

I went round the Dalbeattie route last wednesday and there was only 1 other car in the parking lot, I didn't see a soul. The weather was great, the route was interesting with some terrific views.

I really joined the forum feeling that more people should be aware of them. Are there more riders on the forum aware?
    Scotlands 7 world class off road trails. Click here 7 Stanes to watch videos, download maps and get an overview of these fantastic Mountain Bike routes in Southern Scotland
  • Dr_Death
    Dr_Death Posts: 1,262
    As state above, I think you'll struggle to find anyone that isn't...
    Steve

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

http://www.vimeo.com/DrDeath
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    Well I agree that they can seem surprisingly quiet at times (except Glentress which seems always busy) but most mtb riders are aware of them!
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Aware of Dalbettie, even though my discovery of it was partly down to a miss-understanding as to why I had to take the start times of cars entering a forest road.

It's so far away though, Glentress and Laggan so much closer and so many natural trails and others around. I discovered difficult looking singel track in Craigvinean after climbing to the summit in chase of a place to take pictures of cars. (Then chose an area which was spectacular but hopelessly dull for my lenses to get shots :-()
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • You wont get much better rides than here trust me.I stay in fife and go to glentress regulary.great place to practice ur skills.We also go to dunfries for long weekend about twice a year and do the cources there great fun.And theres not many people that will dissagree with me.