I got to berate someone yesterday

Clever Pun
Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
near west croydon there is a weird one way system with lovely cambered bends you can absolutely fly around, it's a really nice little stretch.... Anyway I'm leaning right in pedaling my @ss off and a car pulls out in front of me (if they'd done it at speed no problems) really dawdling and generally being indecisive, I noticed as I pulled around them to overtake she was on a mobile...

As we approached a ped crossing on red and she went straight through it I shouted "It's a red light you cretin" she stopped the other side of the crossing, the lights changed and as I went past I bollocked her about using her phone while driving I think it woke her up a bit as some 6'5 bearded loon shouting through her window at her and then cycling off into the distance

very pleasing all in all, I hate drivers on phones it really is a pet hate of mine
Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
Fixed Pista- FCN 5
Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14

Comments

• I cycled past a guy in a dump truck on the Highway today, as I overtook he started to veer into my lane... looked up, he was talking on his mobile. While driving a massive, wide, heavy truck down a narrow dual carriageway.

Peds with Blackberries are just as bad - on a "shared use" pavement/cyclepath (I hate them but cycling along it is unavoidable on my way to work), a bloke with his eyes glued to his Blackberry stepped out of a doorway and almost took me out. "Get on the f*cking road" was his charming reply. I pointed at the shared-use signs and was called a "bald pr*ck" for my troubles. Which was surprising really, since I'm 26 with a full head of hair, while Blackberryman had a rather severe bald spot.
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    Hehehe, nice one mate. I had a driver stop behind me on the phone this morning. When I stood up (I was on the bent) and turned round to look at him he quickly dropped the phone in his lap with a very guilty look. I'll bet it wasn't the first time someone told him off for doing that.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    Today I lost my temper with a driver :oops: - I was in a roundabout when I see this car coming straight at me, like she wanted to run me over :lol: for some reason I stopped and she stopped right behing me - so I shouted at her "are you trying to run me over you f...g fat maniac" lol and she replied "get the f..k out of my way" lol so I hit her car with my rear wheel before she sped off like a maniac driver lol

Gosh, I bet she was mad at me lol after that

Rick