Embedded adverts...........

lardarse rider
lardarse rider Posts: 1,447
............I was just perusing a couple of stories on the main site and as I scrolled down the page, irrelevant adverts kept leaping out at me. This is going to ruin what to me was a well designed, well written, informative and occassionally amusing resource.

I can ignore adverts when they are down the side but not when they are leaping out at me. Yes, I know that is why they are there but it detracts from the enjoyment of the site.

I would recommend a rethink on this as it may turn some old duffers like myself away from this site - again, that may be the plan :o

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle

Comments

• Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2007
    We (all of the editorial team) agree. We realise the importance of ads, but these are intrusive. Key in intellitxt into google to find solutions.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • homercles
    homercles Posts: 499
    Surely your ad sales team can't be loving you for this post Jeff?!?
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    homercles wrote:
    Surely your ad sales team can't be loving you for this post Jeff?!?

Probably not but to be fair to them, I don't they asked for this anyway.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • jjones wrote:
    We (all of the editorial team) agree. We realise the importance of ads, but these are intrusive. Key in intellitxt into google to find solutions.

Thanks for the quick response. You may be hearing from me again after I have checked the fix. My computer skills are not what they should be :oops:

This is the kinda thing I was talking about when I said the site was well run. Give yourself a pat on the back.

I\'m pushing the pedals on my season cycle