Bad Blood book

ricadus
ricadus Posts: 2,379
edited October 2007 in Pro race
I was at a meeting at a publishers last week and the editor there mentioned this book would be coming out next year:

http://tinyurl.com/2q6nae

It seems to explore the general drift of the past few years – noticeable in the race forums here and elsewhere, as well as discussions IRL – towards the kind of casual cynicism that results from so many recent disappointments and divisions in the sport.

Looks like the synopsis writer had drunk himself unconscious before finishing the final sentence. :)

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's a bit late to the party but it could be an interesting read.
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    The synopsis reads like the voice-over for some Hollywood blockbuster. I can just imagine some deep, gravelly voice reading out the words over a background of sunflowers and bloodbags:

"It's about broken friendships and a sport divided; about having to choose sides in the war against doping; about how galloping greed and corporate opportunism have led the Tour de France to the brink of destruction.
    And how one ordinary American overcame adversity to save the Tour de France from the French. Johnny Vegas is ..."Lance Armstrong - Master of the Universe"
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    But what happens when you can't? When you've seen too many positive dope tests, when you've been lied to too many times, when your sport is destroying itself from within?

You join the Bikeradar forum?[/i]