Autumn/Winter Sportives - Thames Valley/Surrey Area

Russell Smith
Russell Smith Posts: 229
Are there any out of season Autumn/Winter Sportives in the Thames Valley/Surrey Area ????

Cheers in advance

Comments

• PutneyJoe
    PutneyJoe Posts: 242
    not a sportive but an audax - the upper thames 200km on Nov 3rd.
    this web site http://www.aukweb.net/index2.htm, click on the calendar link to see what's available.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    There are a series of "reliability rides" scheduled for 6 Sundays from last Sunday in Jan to first Sunday in March - 2 start from Hemel Hempstead, 3 from Uxbridge and 1 from near Dunstable and they all tackle the Chilterns from various directions. All about 60 miles.

I'll post further details here when the dates are sorted.

Reliability rides are basically audaxes but not run under Audax UK rules - tend to attract roadies preparing for the new race season so some groups can be pretty quick.
  • Joe?Bronzie, Many thanks
    Russ
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Bronzie wrote:
    There are a series of "reliability rides" scheduled for 6 Sundays from last Sunday in Jan to first Sunday in March - 2 start from Hemel Hempstead, 3 from Uxbridge and 1 from near Dunstable and they all tackle the Chilterns from various directions. All about 60 miles.

I'll post further details here when the dates are sorted.

Reliability rides are basically audaxes but not run under Audax UK rules - tend to attract roadies preparing for the new race season so some groups can be pretty quick.

These are all really good. They are what I miss most about not living in London town anymore! Some of them had really huge turn outs...I always ended up setting off with a fast group, getting the legs ripped off me, then forming a group with riders of a similar standard and coming home in a decent time a bit over 3hrs
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I did the one near Dunstable last year. Despite puncturing within the first 10 miles and riding the back half in torrential rain, it was a lot of fun. Would recommend it to anyone. You even get a cup of tea at the finish, what more can you ask for? :lol: