asthma!!!

2»

Comments

• C1234
    C1234 Posts: 26
    I used to suffer too, allergy based mainly (horses are the worst thing in the world. I swell up if I walk past them in a field), but exercise as well. Since I started bike commuting though over the last 2 years) my asthma has all but disappeared. My peak flow now hits the bottom and bounces back halfway up the tube (disappointingly this isn't totally out of order for someone my height though)

Also found that the pub smoking ban has helped no end? anyone else found this?
  • peanut
    peanut Posts: 1,373
    reckon you may have hit the nail on the head there mouse about the modern environment. I don't ever remember there being any asthma sufferers around when I was a kid (50's ) ! but we did have `pea soopers' (smog) :(
    I cannot imagine what it is like to live with breathing difficulties all the time.
  • i've asked the doc death to look at this page and cast his view over it, does any1 know a gp that cycles? lol i dont mean with his small leather clutch bag to a patients house. lol :P maybe we'll make next months mag the rate we're going at lol
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • C1234 said
    "I used to suffer too, allergy based mainly (horses are the worst thing in the world. I swell up if I walk past them in a field"

Wow, horses are bad, danger red alert I do not go anywhere near the nasty bastards!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

True story: went for boxing day sherry and titbits with the local squire, his young filly had been out for a canter. All the tack was in the hall, within twenty minutes I was breathless by the hour I was in serious trouble.

I honestly believe if I hadn't got out I would have died, I jest you not!