Dinotte light problem

andyp
andyp Posts: 10,128
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
As much as I love my Dinotte lights (and trust me I really do love them :oops: ) I've got an irritating problem with them and I was curious as to anyone else has had the same thing?

The problem is simple, as I ride along the batteries somehow manage to slip out of the battery holder so suddenly the lights lose power and I'm unilluminated. Has anyone else had this and, if so, what was your solution?

I'm thinking a couple of well placed elastic bands may be the answer.

Comments

• tri-x
    tri-x Posts: 10
    Just go to Maplin and for 65p you get a new 4xAA holder - getting the batteries out is more of a problem than keeping them in.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I think the secnd velcro strap that came with the light is meant to go around the battery pack, though I don't bother as they have seemed quite secure IME, infact they take some prising to remove them. I think the battery holder design was modified this year (before the new 200L version). You can get a new holder from Planet-X / One-one, though it is a couple of quid so the maplin one may make more sense.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I had this problem this morning, but it was after I'd fallen off my bike, returned home and swapped bikes, so I sort of wrote it off as part of my bad Monday morning.
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I wondered about the second velcro strap. That makes a lot of sense.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,128
    tri-x wrote:
    Just go to Maplin and for 65p you get a new 4xAA holder - getting the batteries out is more of a problem than keeping them in.
    Thanks tri-x. I've a Maplins locally so I'll pop in at the weekend.
  • Ale
    Ale Posts: 180
    Looks like this may be a common problem!

I find it only takes one elastic band to solve it though.