Stolen BMX Sutton, Surrey

BMX_Berry
BMX_Berry Posts: 5
edited September 2010 in MTB stolen
I'm sorry to post here but I could see no stolen BMX Thread.

This is Berry...
If you see my bike or any of my components going round just please please tell me.
Mutiny 07 Frame Grey.
Odyssey 41 Thermal Bars & Dirt Forks & Chris King Headset.
Profile B.B (U.S)
Silver-Chrome Odyssey monolever brake (RH)
Hazzard Cassette Hub (LHD w/ 10t driver) with Hazzard Lite Rim.
Cielencki Pedals, Odyssey Million DollarSprocket (28t).
W.T.P Royal Cranks.
Cheers,
Berry.

Uni_baz@hotmail.com.

Last seen Sunday 13th October 07 near Rosehill In Sutton Surrey.
Surrounding Areas are as follows.
Croydon, Carshalton, Sutton, Morden, Wallington, Beddington, Cheam.

Thanks for all your help and once again sorry for having to post in this thread.

Comments

• adamc
    adamc Posts: 140
    theres some boys from rosehill who come to horsham to rob stuff (they stole my brothers hope mono mini off his locked bike) so if they're ever in horsham on a mutiny bmx i'll post a reply on here
    It\'s only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames...
  • Hello Berry, Im sorry to read of your loss. Unfortunately I have not seen your bike anywhere. All I can say is put it down to experience. There are people everywhere who think they have a right to other peoples property. Its lucky that youve learnt your lesson so young (owning a BMX). Its a hard lesson, I know, but its one that you only have to experience once. I expect when you grow up a bit, you'll be wanting to get yourself a Mountain Bike? Now this has happend I expect that you wont be leaving it in your front garden for someone to help themselves. And I expect when you grow up a bit more, you'll be getting yourself a Ped ? And youll look back at all this and thank your lucky stars that youll never let that Ped out of your sight. Some people blunder through life, making the same mistake , over and over.. Blaming everyone else, when in fact they only have themselves to blame. This is your chance to wake up and never let anything like this happen to you ever again !!! God moves in mysterious ways, hes showing you that you MUST appreciate what you have, however you came by them!! ! Arent you lucky.... : ) Best wishes and good luck to you.
  • BigDutch
    BigDutch Posts: 127
    Wow. Allknowing. What a wonderfully condescending and insulting post!

A BMX does not have to be a childs bike. Adults enjoy them as well you know, and how about you stop advising people on security when you don't know the situation?

Yes, having a bike stolen can be a painful experience. The situation is not aided any by people offering 'advice' like yours.

I would politely suggest that you stick to posting your brand of insight in the general topics on this forum and leave this area for those that are able to help.
  • adamc
    adamc Posts: 140
    Hahahahaha

Allknowing, supposing Berry does get a ped; do you expect him to take it indoors everywhere he goes??! Obviously bikes are not made for leaving outside, they're far easier to steal than peds when unlocked.

And as for your remark regarding your little lifecycle of bikes "BMX -> MTB -> Ped" I ride a BMX. I'm 17, and I can legally drive a car. You'd be amazed at how many pro BMXers are under the age of 10... fuck all. They're late teens, 20s and even in Dave Mirra's case 30s and older. Just because they're smaller bikes than mtbs doesn't mean they're for kids.They're fit for purpose. I suppose laptops are for kids then? Adults only use PCs? And when you shop in Tesco or Sainsburys you take the big trolleys because the smaller ones are for kids? No, different people choose differently to suit the purpose they are using that item for. One of the things that pisses me off most is when people think BMXs cannot be used by adults.

I hope you get your bike back soon Berry, after all, it must have been taken by a gang of primary school children so it can't be that hard to get back.
    It\'s only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realise how often they burst into flames...
  • Thanks for the support. Interesting first reply :)
    I never did see that bike again. I started again with an Alone frame that Lee Boyle gave me. Don't realy BMX much more because I am always too busy working.
    I've always had peds (off-road @ 12 and on road when I hit 16. I already had my second 125cc when the BMX was stolen. Had an MTB. Didn't really like so I stuck to BMX for trails and park.
    Much Love, Baz

P.S old thread I know.