A big Sorry

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
I have a genuine if grudging apology to make...to a Taxi and a Porsche Cayenne, whom I tried to dodge between the other night, just as the lights changed. Oops. I ended up launching off the taxi using my hands, :oops: , resulting in a big (and fully justified mouthful) from the driver.

I did wave an apology.

Bl00dy silly, really, I should know better.

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• Pagem
    Pagem Posts: 244
    you assuming the taxi driver rides a bike in his spare time and comes on bikeradar?
    Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    Pagem wrote:
    you assuming the taxi driver rides a bike in his spare time and comes on bikeradar?

There's at least one that I know of!!
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Pagem wrote:

There's at least one that I know of!!
    yep, nice bloke as well! gave me a lift home from paddington a couple of weeks ago!
  • why worry about it? If you only used your hand and not your cleated foot who cares?. Makes up for all the times that taxis pull out on cyclists and turn left with no space. Yes I know that that particular taxi driver might not have done those things but to generalise is to be human.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,099
    Pagem wrote:

People come on here to rant about bad driving

I came on here to confess rubbish cycling :oops:

It's a lesson learned and I thought I'd share it

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I'm sure we've all done it :)

I was waving at a friend last week, and wobbled all over the road trying to return a gesture. A nice wee old lady swerved around me :oops: