Anyone listen to music whilst doing a long trip?

2»

Comments

• I'm not making presumptions on things that haven't been tried. I have tried expensive and well renown equipment in the past (albeit not earphones) and have not found significant difference after a certain price point - usually quite low. I have done so with a friend who is a sound engineer, I have done so with my wife who is a Otorhinolaryngologist and understands the whole thing better than most (and has reliably informed me that most people have enough crap in their sinuses to ruin at least 450 quid of that).

I like music. I like decent music. I do not spend my entire weekend listening to double-blind tests of dark side of the moon on different equipment, whilst comparing the merits of certain power cables to another and their effect on the sound output (because as an engineer I know it's crap). I don't like dark side of the moon (prefering the better produced, albeit from the same producer, Elizium by Fields of the Nephilim). I do not colour my CDs in to reduce errors. I do not buy cables that cost small motor vehicles per meter. I do not buy little bits of ceramic to rest my cables on. I do not glue egg boxes to the wall.

I am a realist. I enjoy the music, not the equipment.

Do you buy a ferarri to get somewhere quicker or to make your penis feel better?
  • emaichael
    emaichael Posts: 109
    Eurostar wrote:
    Loobster wrote:
    Do you ride with both in?

Yes. It's quite tranquil being isolated from all the traffic noise. Very de-stressing. It actually helps me to planfurther ahead - e.g. looking further up the road for potholes instead of swerving around them at the last minute, which is a bad habit of mine, especially in London where i get sucked into the dog-eat-dog mentality of charging around aggressively. With the music on I chill out, don't let things get to me and ride more sensibly. Mind you, I've always been too aggressive in London traffic - I got into some very bad habits when I was a motorycycle courier in my youth.

BUT this would all go pear-shaped if I didn't have a really good mirror.

lol, i've bought body arm clothing, its very light, made of carbon fibre, really tight to the skin, almost like lycra, but strong, so i dont give 2shlts if i fall off... charging around town is normal, adds to the thrill, going faster than traffic, hehe (one of these days someones going to randomly open there car door, and really hurt me)
  • I knew there was a Music thread here somewhere just took a while to find it, whilst tour riding....

I need two minutes of your time please do your bit to support this charity.

http:\\www.sarashopefoundation.co.uk

On Monday November 26th (AVAILABLE NOW!) 'The Sara's Hope
    Foundation' are releasing an exclusive instrumental track written and
    recorded by Bill Nelson entitled' Six Strings For Sara'.

The Charity was set up in the memory of their daughter, Sara, who tragically lost her battle with colon cancer in 2001 at the age of 16.

Inspired by Sara's strength, warmth and positivity, her family and close friends are raising funds to build and run a holiday retreat in the sun for children facing similar battles and emotions.

Six Strings for Sara is a spine tingling guitar instrumental composed, performed and recorded by the legendary Bill Nelson. This 7 minute 45 second piece is a wonderful and fitting tribute to Sara who touched the lives of so many people. This track will only be available to download from sarashopefoundation website (for a small donation). All proceeds from Six Strings for Sara will be donated to the Sara's Hope Foundation.
  • I've had an Ipod, mini, and now a nano. the ipod went kaput. :( the mini was stolen (along with my sure E2c hedphones. the nano's screen has gone due to a little too much hard work (sweat) but the sound is great with my over ear £8 headphones
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... phones.htm

one ear only mind
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business