Boardman Comp Vs Carrera Vanquish

peloton7000
peloton7000 Posts: 25
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Was hoping to get a nice 15% discount on the Boardman Comp through iscounted vouchers only to find in the letter I received it excludes the Baordman range. I can still get 15% via the Kelloggs vouch though.

I seemed to have got the choices down to the comp or a Carrera Vanquish which is currently £400 from the Halfords website. Both have a similar spec tiagra ,but the comp has 105 rear.

Is the comp worth £150 more than the carrera?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Was hoping to get a nice 15% discount on the Boardman Comp through iscounted vouchers only to find in the letter I received it excludes the Baordman range. I can still get 15% via the Kelloggs vouch though.

I seemed to have got the choices down to the comp or a Carrera Vanquish which is currently £400 from the Halfords website. Both have a similar spec tiagra ,but the comp has 105 rear.

Is the comp worth £150 more than the carrera?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have a Boardman Comp and I love it.

People will be getting pissed off with me quite soon Im sure, as I champion this bike whenever I can, but I am very happy with.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    davelakers wrote:

People will be getting pissed off with me quite soon Im sure, as I champion this bike whenever I can, but I am very happy with.

That is all that matters.

A 105 rear mech is irrelevant really, but there may be other reasons that the Boardman may be better, it may just ride better as a package, unfortunately Halfords tend not to allow test rides (which is dreadful) though I think they will accept a return if you don't like it.
  • davelakers wrote:
    Was hoping to get a nice 15% discount on the Boardman Comp through iscounted vouchers only to find in the letter I received it excludes the Baordman range. I can still get 15% via the Kelloggs vouch though.

What the gear ratios on the comp? I have the PDF of the web but it does not give that info.