Spotty legs

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited October 2007 in Commuting chat
Why do I keep getting dark, small spots on my trousers after cycling on roads? Looks like oil. Does this mean I'll have to wear oh-so-lovely overtrousers (or dark keks) in order to avoid looking like our washing machine is broken?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    It's just muddy water, possibly with a bit of oil that's been flicked up from the road. Over trousers would work if it bothers you, I just ignore it though. I'm a scruffy git though...
  • Eat My Dust
    Eat My Dust Posts: 3,965
    I stupidly tried to draft a lorry this morning that had just pulled out of a building site, only to find 50p sized clumps of mud flying off the back wheels, it was messy!!!!
  • mrchrispy
    mrchrispy Posts: 310
    thats why I stick to drafting buses ;)
    it also entartains the scrotes on the back seat
  • hamboman
    hamboman Posts: 512
    Does anyone ever grab onto cars/busses for a quick tow, the way couriers do?

I confess I lean against large vehicles when stationary rather than unclipping but I've never been towed.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    hamboman wrote:

I confess I lean against large vehicles when stationary rather than unclipping but I've never been towed.

Only when riding my skateboard through the rushhour traffic, Back to the Future stylee.

(dreaming)
  • whome
    whome Posts: 167
    hamboman wrote:

It is illegal (and you may say "yes, so is RLJ and pavement rinding", but this one seems more dangerous and far more likely to get you into trouble)
    Training, highway design and increasing cycle numbers are important to safety. Helmets are just a red herring.