Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105

Gerry Attrick
Gerry Attrick Posts: 97
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Hi Lads and Lasses,

I'm just getting back into road riding for leisure and pleasure and am wanting a slick road bike. I've just been offered by a dealer a brand new 2007 model Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 for £1350, to include several tweaks to make it good for me. Anyone any experience of this model? Is it a good deal? It felt sensational to me, but then I am coming from a hybrid!
Perpetuating the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.

Comments

• ajohn9
    ajohn9 Posts: 260
    nice bike just for leisure!!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I'm aiming for a "comfy bike" next time around and I'm considering a Synapse or Roubaix (among others).

I just received Edinbugh Bike's new catalogue and I see the 2008 105 Synapse is much cheaper this year (£350 less). Might've made some cut backs on the spec though but for £1250 it stil looks good.

Also just had a quick check and they still have some '07's in 53cm and 56cm for £1,199.
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    Lagavulin wrote:
    I'm aiming for a "comfy bike" next time around and I'm considering a Synapse or Roubaix (among others).

I just received Edinbugh Bike's new catalogue and I see the 2008 105 Synapse is much cheaper this year (£350 less). Might've made some cut backs on the spec though but for £1250 it stil looks good.

Also just had a quick check and they still have some '07's in 53cm and 56cm for £1,199.[/
    quote]

Had a look as well,they've got some cracking deals on spesh roubiax range also. Very tempting,better not go for a second look me thinks :wink:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I know what you mean Ash. :twisted:

£800 of the '07 Roubiax Pro, £600 off last years Expert and £1,300 off the 2007 S-Works!! :shock:

Only thing stopping me from bring the card out to play is I'm not sure if I'd be better off with a 54cm Roubaix (currently ride a 56 Allez).
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    check out the roubaix comp £999 in size 54 and 56. Has 105 sti's etc. Tempted myself but will have to wait until next year as funds running low at the moment.I'll have to see if I can get a sale bike on the bike to work scheme next october, that would be a real bargain :lol:
  • scapaslow
    scapaslow Posts: 305
    I got a 2006 Cannondale Synapse carbon 105 for £1250 back in May and have been riding it all summer. IMO its absolutely fantastic, especially with the compact chainset. I can't compare it to other bikes of the same price as i came to it from an old 1980's 10 speed racer. Its fast and comfy, light for the hills. I've changed the stem and saddle to suit. If you are getting the bike setup for you at that price it sounds very good. If you were intending on racing i would look elsewhere but for the fast leisure rides you suggest its ideal.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
  • allaction
    allaction Posts: 209
    I got the 2007 model and have just cracked a thousand miles on it and can't rate it highly enough. About £1100 is its mark probably now, the 2008 model has had the spec stripped back to make it more competitively priced. I got the blue and black colour which looks absolutely fabulous and I often catch myself giving it loving glances!
  • i've got the liquigas sytem six 105 and it is truly brilliant, fast, light, responsive, stiff, and handles like a dream, 10/10 in my eyes, have peak below!!!
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • Thanks to all you great people who replied. I re-visited the dealer today and after he carried out the mods I wanted, I could not resist and bought it. I think this is going to be a lasting love affair!

Happy spinning to all.
    Perpetuating the myth that Lincolnshire is flat.