Sore Bottom

hothead
hothead Posts: 123
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Hi,

Been on turbo all week and finding my bottom is really really sore. Would this point towards a problem with the saddle or the shorts? Any ideas?

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Possibly the turbo. You stay in the same position all the time you are on one of those, on the road you are constantly making changes of position as you climb, descend, corner etc.
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    hothead wrote:
    Hi,

Been on turbo all week and finding my bottom is really really sore. Would this point towards a problem with the saddle or the shorts? Any ideas?
    Could be both, but I also agree with smokin joe.

Is this sore as in chaffing sore? Could also be due to sweat which is easily generated on a turbo and less common on the roads.
    Try sudocreme around the affected area. Also fresh shorts every session.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    hothead wrote:
    Been on turbo all week and finding my bottom is really really sore.
    Could try getting off it for a few hours a day? :wink:

Ruth
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Fresh shorts, lots of savlon / sudocreme, get out of the saddle a few times, t-shirt tucked into back of shorts to help absorb sweat before it heads for your butt-crack...

...lots of ways to prevent the dreaded saddle sore from putting in an appearance!

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • Bugly
    Bugly Posts: 520
    Turbo trainer is the likely cause as stated, try varying your workout, stand up and do out of saddle sprints occasionally as you would be doing intervals- vary the muscels used and dont allow your arse to be the only thing supporting you.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Get off the turbo and get out onto the roads - the weather has been glorious recently (mostly) and cool enough to keep the sweat down to a minimum.
  • fixiebob
    fixiebob Posts: 222
    Weight is not an issue so get a nice padded saddle