Cycling team strip for... a baby?

vermooten
vermooten Posts: 2,697
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Hi,

My sister's recently had a baby and i want to get him some clothes in a cycling team strip stylee. Does anyone know of anywhere that does such a thing?

Cheers,
Andy
You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    I've never seen one. But wouldn't it be better to dress him in generic gear at first, then let him choose a team affiliation later? Saves him being subjected to the horror of having the jersey of a Shimano sponsored team if he turns out to be normal and prefers Campagnolo. :wink:
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    Aha that's the point! Once he sees baby pix of himself wearing CSC kit he'll be a Bjarne boy for the rest of his life. Happened to a lad I know who was dressed in Chelsea kit as a baby even thouhg he's from Leed; result: he's a lifelong Chelsea fan.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,712
    I see. Well, at least you've picked a decent team.
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    I haven't found any, yet they do exist as I have seen photos of riders' children wearing some. 'm guessing not too many shops stock them. Maybe contacting the team directly, or in CSC's case, talking to someone at Descente's cycling division might be quicker.
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    http://www.ragged.co.uk is an option for children, but I don't think they do babies. They might be able to advise though!
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    As a wind-up one of my club mates was presented with his very own "Domina Vacanze" baby grow outfit at one of our Xmas Dinner Awards Ceremonies a few years ago - I suspect our "Master of Ceremonies" made it himself using some iron-on black stripes!

andys_new_kit.jpg