Denshaw

Platano
Platano Posts: 77
edited August 2009 in MTB rides
Does anyone ride on the moorland surrounding Denshaw? I spend a lot of my time riding in this area along the Pennine Bridleway and a few trails in the surrounding area. Let me know if you would like to meet up for a ride :)

Comments

• jontymo
    jontymo Posts: 127
    Hi Platano
    I live in Marsden so not to far, i've only just starting mtbing and nearing 40 and as such not that fit, i did manage 17 miles last week but took just over 3 hours!!!, if you don'yt mind a slow coach then give me a shout

Jon
  • Hi Jon

I live in Huddersfield too and normally travel by car to get to the trails. I've been off the bike for the last month due to man flu so will probably be pretty slow too when I get back on it :wink: I'm free next Saturday and Sunday if you want to meet up.
  • jontymo
    Hi Platano

Don't worry about not being as fit as normal, i've not been riding long so building up my stamina and i have not done any exercise for a few years, just got in from a short route around diggle and back up to the standedge cutting with the misses, it worked out about 10 mile back to my house but apparently from the top round is just over 5 mile.
    Give me a shout during the week and we can arrange something, my direct email is jc.moss@btinternet.com

Cheers

Jon
  • jontymo
    By the way, don't try to kill me with your apparent lack of exercise LOL

Jon
  • Hi
    I live in Mossley and try to get out most days. Generally on my own, it would be good to have company and maybe learn new routes. Been cycling for the last 3 months and built up to a resonable fittness level. Let me know if you interested.
  • Steveeej

I live just down the road in oldham, give us a shout when your going for a ride none of my mates do any riding :shock: lazy gits
    "Don't ride faster than you guardian angel can fly"

MTB - Cube AMS CC (special edition)
    Road - Surosa
  • I still ride on the moorland around Denshaw nearly every Saturday and Sunday although I travel there by car from Huddersfield so I am open to riding different trails in the area. My bike is in pieces at the moment as I'm changing to a new frame but it should hopefully be ready by weds/thurs as long as some parts I've ordered arrive.
  • Im up for a ride round Denshaw on Sat, we will have to arrange to meet. Where do you start from/park

Road - Surosa
  • jontymo
    Hi Carl, We must get out again LOL, i have a new inner tube for you when we meet up again.
    Took me a while to get over the last ride !!!!!
    We should get a small group meet up arranged.

Jon
  • jontymo wrote:
    Hi Carl, We must get out again LOL, i have a new inner tube for you when we meet up again.

Jon

Sounds like a plan

Road - Surosa
  • jontymo wrote:

Jon

It took me a while to recover from that ride felt like I had hypothermia lol. The route we rode last time is a lot more hairy now as the heavy rain has really tore up the trail :D

Darkstarr I'm up for a ride this Saturday. I normally park on the road outside the church in Denshaw. We could start 9 or 10am? If anyone else wants to join post here.
  • 10.00 probably best for me, Ill be going in my car with a space on the rack if anyone wants a lift

Platano aka Carl?

ill pm you my mobile incase the weather rubbish

Road - Surosa
  • DarkStarr wrote:
    10.00 probably best for me, Ill be going in my car with a space on the rack if anyone wants a lift

Platano aka Carl?

Yep thats me. 10am it is then I'll pm you my number.
  • Graham K
    Graham K Posts: 329
    Slight bump but do you guys still meet up?
  • djen83
    djen83 Posts: 20
    I'm up for meeting some new MTB riders if anyone is interested? Got a good few technical routes in Hudds and am now venturing towards Delph/Denshaw

Evenings and weekends are good for me
  • Janbo25
    Janbo25 Posts: 68
    I live locally and although new to mtb would love to get out and do some routes
  • djen83
    djen83 Posts: 20
    Janbo25,

If you email me on djen83@hotmail.co.uk ill send over my phone number and we can organise a ride. How many miles are you good for ? I know plenty of good routes around here - just short of a riding partner!

Dave.