Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Roger Davies
Roger Davies Posts: 305
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
IMG_0087.jpg

It's off the handle bar stem off an old Puegeot racing bike. It's alloy and should be a complete circle. The other half broke off in my mad desire to remove it. Thanks,
Old bikes are better

Comments

• can you not get a smithy aka a smiddie up here to make you one up??
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • This looks like half a headset washer- if thats the case they tend to be supplied with old style threaded headsets-your LBS will probably have some.

Rich
  • This looks like half a headset washer- if thats the case they tend to be supplied with old style threaded headsets-your LBS will probably have some.

Rich

Thanks. Already tried that. Old LBS's are hard to come by. But thanks for the reply
    Old bikes are better
  • can you not get a smithy aka a smiddie up here to make you one up??

Yeah I think having one made somehow is the only way. Thanks
    Old bikes are better
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Yeah I think having one made somehow is the only way. Thanks
    If it's a standard old-style headset washer you need, I may have one in my junk box - won't be drilled like the one pictured though - PM me the inner and outer diameters and I'll see what I have that may fit.

The other possibility is to try a local cycle jumble - they usually have lots of old bike bits up for grabs.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Bronzie wrote:
    I may have one in my junk box
    Found it - why do these things always migrate to the bottom of the box - outside dia 31.2mm, ID 25.4mm, 2.0mm thick - solid (ie undrilled) - PM me your address and I'll post it if it's any good to you.