BTwin Sport 3 from Decathlon..

Madra
Madra Posts: 19
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
I've been looking for a road bike for my son for ages and came across a lovely looking bike at Decathlon yesterday; the BTwin Sport 3. The bike is being sold for £469 which looks a great price for the spec that's on offer. The bike is seriously good looking! Has anyone seen these bikes, or better still, has anyone bought one. Your views would be greatly appreciated. The only other bike that I've been impressed by (...for the price and spec) is the Trek 1000 but some reviews suggest that there have been problems with the wheels!

Comments

• Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    I spent quite a while lusting after one of these :oops:

In the end, i just couldn't find the extra cash and bought my Giant for a big discount in the sales.

I showed the sport 3 (in the brochure) to the mad keen roadie at work. He was amazed by the spec for the price and reckoned I should've saved up, still...................

Gotta agree with you, its a stunningly pretty machine 8)

Cheers

Chris :)
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    decathlon make great bikes for the money, and they are often much higher specced than others. i.e £600 worth of bianchi only gets you tiagra.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    hi , i have rode a decathlon bike for the last 4 years. it cost £499 so it,s prob the same model as the one you are looking at . not a b-twin but thats just due to rebranding the old decathlon bikes. the bike has been great , the only prob i had was with the wheel . when the needed trueing the rims split. when i took then back they said there had been a prob with them and replaced them. they will be using differant wheels now.
  • Shaky
    Shaky Posts: 50
    I've got a Sport 2 from Decathlon and am very happy with it. It does a great job of getting me to and from the office. I think the Sport 3 adds an improved gear set up and carbon forks and rear stays (and possibly some other bits too!)
    "Take me Garth"
    "Where? I'm low on gas and you need a jacket"
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    Don;t think you get rear carbon stays, but I might be wrong - defo carbon forks though.

I had a look at one near Nice earlier this year, and yes it was very nice, and as it was in the sale (Which they also had here) it worked out at £370.

Very nice bike, but didn't quite do it for me, but they get rave reviews, and have good kit, so I don't think you'll go far wrong.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Panter
    Panter Posts: 299
    They do indeed have carbon stays, it was one reason for the bloke at works excitement :lol:
    Racing snakes. It's not big, and it's not clever ;)
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,775
    Ahh, perhaps it was last years Sport 3 I was looking at then......
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18