Royal Mail

robbie the roadie
robbie the roadie Posts: 423
edited October 2007 in Campaign
Two back to back 48 hour postal strikes starting today :x

I'm not against strikes as generally happy workers = more productive workers which is better for the end users. However strikes generally rely on an element of public support and lets be honest public opinion of the royal mail is at an all time low. Not helped by this weeks anouncement of 1000's of further post office closures to be made. And now they tell us there won't be any post until next Wednesday (more likely to come through your door next Thursday). Are Royal Mail intent on digging their own grave? :roll:

If I was the Queen I would be ashamed to put my name to it :wink:
Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.

Comments

• spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Two back to back 48 hour postal strikes starting today :x

I'm not against strikes as generally happy workers = more productive workers which is better for the end users. However strikes generally rely on an element of public support and lets be honest public opinion of the royal mail is at an all time low. Not helped by this weeks anouncement of 1000's of further post office closures to be made. And now they tell us there won't be any post until next Wednesday (more likely to come through your door next Thursday). Are Royal Mail intent on digging their own grave? :roll:

If I was the Queen I would be ashamed to put my name to it :wink:

If I were you I'd be ashamed to put your name to that post

What has Post Office Counters Limited closing post offices got to do with Royal Mail?

Perhaps you also blame Royal Mail for Chelsea sacking jose Mourinhio or do you blame the Royal Mail for BA losing passengers luggage?

Post Office Counters Limited are nothing to do with Royal Mail - they are separate companies
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • >>>
    Post Office Counters Limited are nothing to do with Royal Mail - they are separate companies
    >>>

I'd say that about 99% of the population doesn't know this though!

S
  • >>>
    >>>

S

No I didn't know that. Not helped when the national press report them as being one and the same
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • Big Red S
    Big Red S Posts: 26,890
    spen666 wrote:
    What has Post Office Counters Limited closing post offices got to do with Royal Mail?

Perhaps you also blame Royal Mail for Chelsea sacking jose Mourinhio or do you blame the Royal Mail for BA losing passengers luggage?
    I'd suggest that linking Post Office Counters Ltd with Royal Mail a far more understandable and common mistake than linking Chelsea FC and Royal Mail.

But that might just be my weird way of looking at things...
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    we got post this morning...

Same here because they didn't start striking until 12 noon.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Big Red S wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

I'd suggest that linking Post Office Counters Ltd with Royal Mail a far more understandable and common mistake than linking Chelsea FC and Royal Mail.

But that might just be my weird way of looking at things...

It is still wholly wrong and as relevant as blaming the royal mail for Chesea sacking their manager.

Ignorance is no defence
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • You'll like this article then:

http://tinyurl.com/3bctdt

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster