Target time for Llandegla...

mikespike80
mikespike80 Posts: 16
edited October 2007 in MTB rides
Hi,

I've just started using a mtb after about two years as a road cyclist. I'm finding that the red run at llandegla takes about 1:45 for me at the moment, that is taking things nice and easy. What would be a good time to get round it in?

It's weird at the moment, my fitness far outstrips my skill, so I overtake on the way up and get overtaken going down! :?

Comments

• dsmiff
    dsmiff Posts: 741
    We are doing it (the red only) in around 1hr 5min - 1hr 10min (inc stops) although we only stopped once for a quick drink at the top of the very steep climb half way round. (we also get passed on the downhill bits)

Normally do the full route (inc blacks) in 1hr 45min.

We have been going every week for over a year now, about 6 months ago we did the red in 1hr 30mins.
    http://www.youtube.com/dnsmiff
  • anto164
    anto164 Posts: 3,500
    i normally shoot around the red in about 1hr 10,
    the reds and black, i've achieved 1 hour 30 before (give or take a minute or two)

I normally take 2 hours to do the red and blacks, as i like to spend a while at the table tops at the top of the descent at the top of the forest, and also at the doubles/tables on the last black section have to be sessioned a few times.
  • Haven't done red only for a while but reckon I could just about scrape under 1 hour (I think i've peaked for the year & am on the slide into winter now)

first time I did red it took me 40 mins just to do the climb (to gate after first berm), now takes 25 mins - (+ I'm very slow on the downs)

I think familiarity with the route obviously helps with pacing.
  • I rode there last weekend and did the full red and black runs in 90 minutes, including a couple of quick stops and a bit of a mess around on the North Shore.
  • Just timed myself today on my own and did it 1:11:49. Might aim for sub 1 hr by January lthough that might be optimistic!