Afan

Callsign_Charlie
Callsign_Charlie Posts: 8
edited October 2007 in Routes
I've seen various posts saying how extreme/dangerous Afan is, but I was wondering if there was anything a bit more new biker friendly. I'm trying to get my sister into mountain biking via a biking holiday, so I'm looking for something that's not too intimidating or dangerous, but not so leisurely that I die of boredom. Would I be better off going to one of the other trail centres in Wales?

Comments

• well I have just got back from Coed y Brenin this weekend and I would say the 'Beast' is more technical than anything Afan has ( went to Afan last year) but don't forget all trail centres offer marked routes for every capability
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    For a beginner i probably wouldn't recommend it. Whites level is hard, Skyline is long, the wall is quite hard and penblah i don't know about. I'm sure when I went though I saw blue trail markers and others for easier riding.
  • I've only done Whites level and the Wall, but there are two sites at Afan each with several trails. I'm pretty sure some were shorter and less technical. Cwmcarn is 30-45 mins away too. You could also ride the Gower peninsula for a warm up, but you may find that a little dull.