First 50!

spasypaddy
spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Just did my first 50 :D had plenty of energy left in the tank but couldnt think of anywhere to go so i left it at that, my route was wonderful and i did 2 laps of a 20mile route which was meant to be a charity cycle and then finished it off with an extra 10miles. VERY VERY HAPPY!

Now i must go veg out on my couch and play some Halo 3 :D

Comments

• Wll done, it's a great feeling when you acomplish a good distance like that.. You deserve to chill out now. :wink:
  • spasypaddy
    cheers, my legs are sooooooo tired its unbelievable! Great feeling though
  • ash68
    ash68 Posts: 320
    yeh,well done mate,that's a big milestone for anyone. :lol: You deserve a good hot bath and then put your feet up for the night.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Pfft Halo 3...

Never liked them console thingymy's....

Now Half Life 2..... That I could look forward to.

Oh also congrats on the 50 miler- eat protein + lots of food today :)
    Also it's a bit late now but when you get back from long bike rides do some stretching to help ease muscle ache.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Halo 3 is awful, I don't know what the hype is, the halo series is just a bit too damn repetitive.

Hasn't stopped me playing them though.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Congrats on the first 50!
    Always a good feeling to lay down a recognisable marker...Centuries will now follow as a matter of course!
    Well done, have a rest.

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Well done. And you still felt OK.
    So, now you know how to do it ,where to for the first 60 ?
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • spasypaddy
    im a bit annoyed though as i just uploaded the garmin stats of the ride and it tells me i stopped for 2 hours :S i know i stopped for a bit after the first lap but that was so that i had someone to go out with on my second lap and then the other person couldnt keep up!

so my lap times were 24miles 1.43 and 27miles 1.59

nothing special i know but i still believe i could of gone out, thinking back now i could easily of done my 10mile training route that normally only takes 40mines (clearly would of taken an hour though...)

My legs are shattered, im going to have the last protein shake from my tub before i go to bed that should help my legs recover sufficiently that i can commute tomorrow morning!