B@stard B@stard B@stard B0llocks!

magibob
magibob Posts: 203
edited October 2007 in Road beginners
Bought some reasonable tyres last weekend, (You may remember the Correct Seating post,) they are puncture resistant. Went out last night. Just before getting back into town, pulled off Cycle path into seat laybye bit, Glass everywhere!

Slashed sidewall, ripped innertube, another bleedin trip to Decathlon after work today!

B@stards!

Oh well, At least i know how to fit it properly first time this time. :?

Andy

Comments

• PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    what a tw*t ! (not you, the situation).
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    What tyres were they?
  • yeah what tyres are they so i can avoid buying them lol
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • magibob
    Michelin Transworld City Reflectos 700 x 35.

I don't blame the tyres though. Broken bottle, big piece of glass, I don't think anything would have survived it. Also it was the sidewall that was slashed, the tread part survived intact, though of course that could have been coincidence.

Andy
  • Stupid question, didn't you notice something as big as a broken bottle? 8)
    I guess not .
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Just be thankful that you didn't fall off your bike as a consequence of the puncture and land in the glass that slashed your tyre :shock:

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • my worst 1 of those was riding thru some long grass on a verge - piece of razor sharp broken ceramic drainage pipe from road work- sliced thru both tyres and tubes on mtb
    Good Luck and Be Fecund
  • magibob
    Update.

Yesterday, just about to set off on a ride, saw something in the tyre tread. Piggled it out, 1/3" thorn. Expected the "PSsssshh" sound but nothing.

RESULT!!! Might be something in the puncture resistance after all. :D:D:D

Andy
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    My lesson from previous similar experiences is that cycle paths are for feral brats and dog walkers. The road is far more cycle friendly.