Bib tights & Peeing!

Jonah2940
Jonah2940 Posts: 58
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Wore my winter gear on a training ride yesterday which included bib tights for the first time. After about 30 minutes I realised that I needed a pee. Then I realised how the hell are you supposed to easily relieve yourself at the side of the road in a pair of those! The rest of the ride was uncomfortable to say the least.
Any tips?!

Comments

• Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Jonah2940 wrote:
    Wore my winter gear on a training ride yesterday which included bib tights for the first time. After about 30 minutes I realised that I needed a pee. Then I realised how the hell are you supposed to easily relieve yourself at the side of the road in a pair of those! The rest of the ride was uncomfortable to say the least.
    Any tips?!

Just un-tuck your willy from your socks and pee awayyyy...... :shock:

OK, slip the straps off your shoulders, pull front of bibs down, bend double, extract willy and pee :D

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • I rather sling it over my shoulder than tuck it in my sock :wink:
  • nickcuk
    nickcuk Posts: 275
    too much fluid before and during the ride ?
  • Probably drank as much as I would have on a sumer ride and it was freezing yesterday so will have to cut back on the fluids.
  • Zendog1
    Zendog1 Posts: 816
    Left hand plunge and stretch lycra / right hand grab willy, skin and aim. Reverse if left handed :)
  • Top up, pull bib down, simple!

Helps if you lean forwards :)
  • Fab Foodie
    Fab Foodie Posts: 5,155
    Jonah2940 wrote:
    I rather sling it over my shoulder than tuck it in my sock :wink:

I tried that but my Rucksack straps chaffed... :D

The pessimists of this world are rarely disappointed....
    Fab's TCR1
  • Pee yourself on the go then wash your bibs when you get home....sorted, its warm for a while but anything longer than an hour it starts to smell......so I am told :roll:
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Jonah2940 wrote:
    I rather sling it over my shoulder than tuck it in my sock :wink:
    I take it that you don't use a Camelback - the possibilities could be horrendous!
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    Had some great laughs watching people try and pee (I'm a perv) whilst wearing bib shorts. There must be a good reason for wearing them ?
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • smoo
    smoo Posts: 25
    I take it that you don't use a Camelback - the possibilities could be horrendous!

Horrendous or very useful... a bit of imaginative plumbing and not only is your problem solved, you don't even need to get off the bike! :D

More seriously, it all depends on the bibs and how low-cut they are. My summer shorts are an easy stretch, but my winter thermal bibs are more of a problem...
  • get a pair for a tenner from Aldi's have a small zip at the front. On sale right now
    Peter
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    If the front of the tights is high, slip the shoulder straps off and down the arms, allowing greater "access"
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Jonah2940 wrote:
    I rather sling it over my shoulder than tuck it in my sock
    smoo wrote:

Horrendous or very useful... a bit of imaginative plumbing and not only is your problem solved, you don't even need to get off the bike! :D

More seriously, it all depends on the bibs and how low-cut they are. My summer shorts are an easy stretch, but my winter thermal bibs are more of a problem...

I was actually thinking about drinking out of the wrong ...er... tube / bladder. :evil: :shock: Not so useful. [:throwing up smiley:]

Sorry, or maybe not, for not being clear.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • The solution is to not wear bib tights, basically.
    When riding your bike, always wear a pair of trousers. If you are cold on your top half, wear a shirt over a t-shirt, or a long-sleeved t-shirt over your normal t-shirt.
    Wear a buff or scarf if your head/neck gets cold, and gloves for your hands.
    there's absolutely NO reason why it has to be ANY more complicated than that.
  • Cunobelin
    It would seem that there are other answers for others less well endowed (not including myself of course)

The real answer is to catheterise and then have the catheter fitted down behind the right leg so that you can simply dribble along all day (happens as you get older anyway, and without the catheter!)

Secondly - just ride naked as this will not impede bladder venting at all and you will be able to release the contents of your bladder without worrying about wet clothing. Simply cock an appropriate leg, point beneath and pee!

However do warn your stoker if you are on a tandem, or ask them to assist by taking a firm grasp and pointing the organ themselves. Then any splashing is their own responsibility. You may find that pointing is easier if the stoker is an attractive member of the opposite sex (not too attractive though, or their may be a problem peeing at all!).
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    get a pair for a tenner from Aldi's have a small zip at the front. On sale right now
    Peter
    Don't fancy the zip anywhere close down there, the image from the film 'something about mary' springs to mind.
  • Pull down and hold tights with boith hands and find a nice lady to hold it for you :oops:
  • Cunobelin
    You need " young ladies".....

Surely you will need one to hold the bike as well?

This is getting to be a marathon task, and a bit "lighbulbish"

How many young ladies does it take to help a cyclist pee?
    (Unattributed Trad.)