Biggin Hill commuters

BentMikey
BentMikey Posts: 4,895
edited September 2007 in Commuting chat
I'm about to move out there, and am looking to commute to the west end. Are there any commuters from the area and do you have any route suggestions?

Comments

• buddha
    buddha Posts: 1,088
    Have you tried asking at Bigfoot Bikes, or on their forum
    All I can add is to avoid going through New Addington, unless you like broken glass in your tyres!
    <center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    Hi Bent mikey.. I live in Petts Wood & ride to St Pauls.. I go thru Bromley, Catford, Peckham, Bermondsey, London Bridge.. You may be better off going more thru Wickham, beckenham, etc. My route follows the A21 , you could pick that up in Keston/Farnborough, it's a lot flatter than going thru Crystal palace ..
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Greggyr wrote:
    Hi Bent mikey.. I live in Petts Wood & ride to St Pauls.. I go thru Bromley, Catford, Peckham, Bermondsey, London Bridge.. You may be better off going more thru Wickham, beckenham, etc. My route follows the A21 , you could pick that up in Keston/Farnborough, it's a lot flatter than going thru Crystal palace ..

mount everest is flatter than Crystal palace...

I take the A21 as above and cross the river at greewich but work east side of the city, you might want to cut accross the A2 and over blackfriars bridge maybe

the A23 is another route you could use it's busier but more direct
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • BentMikey
    BentMikey Posts: 4,895
    I don't mind the Crystal Palace Hill actually, it's OK, even on the 'bent, which is a little heavier and slower up there than the fixed. Salt Box hill looks v. scary though, I've not yet tried that route on the bike.