Night Riding Glasses

Chris5150
Chris5150 Posts: 107
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
Anyone got any recommendations for decent night glasses?, sufferng with glare quite a bit and was wondering if some sort of orange tint or even the Oakley shooting lenses might be better suited than clear plastic

Comments

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    I think that OptiLabs do some glasses that are supposed to maximise available light, but they are for prescription wearers, but they might do a "regular" version.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • I just wear "Clear" safety specs at night and amber tinted UV400 for daytime cycling. I always wear something in front of my eyes. Forgot once and realized that my eyes were screwed up all the time. Good lights are essential . . . need to light the road up ahead as near as daylight as you can.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LOL
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I've got a pair of Rudy Project wrap around shades with interchangable lenses... pop in a clear pair and you're 'ready
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Clever Pun wrote:
    I've got a pair of Rudy Project wrap around shades with interchangable lenses... pop in a clear pair and you're 'ready

I like the look of these. When you sweat, is there space between the top of the frame and your face for it to avoid the lenses? The wrap arounds I currently wear seem to funnel the sweat down on to the lenses and visibility is seriously impaired when this happens. Looking for an alternative.
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I've found probikekit's own brand glasses c/w 5 lenses are good vfm. The clear lens has a slight tint to it, so might be better for glare. A old style cycling cap worn under the helmet, if you use one, is good for the oncoming traffic glare as well.
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    Gussio wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    ooooooooh, can you just imagine the looks you would get. Fantastic! I think I want a pair. I didn't check the price - are they cheaper than a HID light?