Overshoes.......again

redddraggon
redddraggon Posts: 10,862
edited September 2007 in Workshop
I've got a pair of overshoes that I've had for a couple of months, but only worn once. They already have slight tears in the neoprene on the crank side. I don't think they will last long now the winter is setting and I need to wear them.

Can anyone one recommend any good warm crank chafe resistant overshoes? Cordura side panels?

Waterproofing is not important, but warmth is. They don't need to be breathable.

http://wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx? ... 0Overshoes

Any one used the slipstreams?
I like bikes...

Twitter
Flickr

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    Grab yourself a pair of these from Prendas. A bargain at £7.50 or two pairs for £12.00.

They are warm, pretty robust and should last you at least one winter.
  • Grifcp
    Grifcp Posts: 283
    I have a pair of those from Prendas and they are great for around this time of year, but when temps drop a bit more I'll be breaking out my neoprene ones from Mike Dyason

http://www.mikedyason.com/productDesc.asp?session_id=1c5c3596312c3cb3dc5f25e14d8bfbb0&text_product_id=OSBK

Used all last winter and I'm sure they will last this winter too, and probably the next! Toasty!!
  • andyp wrote:
    Grab yourself a pair of these from Prendas. A bargain at £7.50 or two pairs for £12.00.

They are warm, pretty robust and should last you at least one winter.

Nice one, I just got two pairs!!! My Assos ones have lasted a month and cost the price of two pairs of Prendas!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • i have the same problem which i've solved by sticking a piece of duck tape over the area that rubs against the crank - works a treat
    pm
  • redddraggon
    i have the same problem which i've solved by sticking a piece of duck tape over the area that rubs against the crank - works a treat

I tried that this morning, but it's gone and ripped the neoprene above the tape

Why don't they put cordura panels on them? It seems to make so much sense to me.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Seal Skinz ultra lighweight socks, wateproof,windproof and breatheable

http://www.sealskinz.com/cgi-bin/psProd ... ,0,0,1|26|

forget about booties their to bulky and cumbersome.
  • redddraggon
    Well I've just done a super strengthening botch and my overshoes.

I've covered the crankside of the overshoes with insulation tape and few layers deep. Then I've absolutely covered the insulation tape with super glue, spreading it evenly over the tape. This has caused the tape to become a bit harder and smoother, hopefully the crank won't rip them up now.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I've just started using Assos overshoes (a gift I may add!!) and I must say that they are great. I probably wouldn't have coughed up the money for them by myself, but now I have a pair, I think that they are well worth the money.