chain reaction brilliant service

inaperfectworld
inaperfectworld Posts: 219
edited November 2007 in Road beginners
i ordered a montane featherlite velo jacket at 3.15 yesterday; it arrived this morning. now that is service

Comments

• i've used them quite a lot and they're always fast, but now seem to be being matched by bikeplus. ordered a rackpack late afternoon arrived mid morning the following day.
  • keebo
    keebo Posts: 44
    For those of you who live in, or are visiting Northern Ireland, CRC have now opened a brand new showroom - a real Aladin's Cave!!
    I have used CRC'c mail order service quite a few times and they are fantastic - also very knowledgeable and helpful
    Keebo,
    Semper in excreta sumus, solum profundum variat!
  • They are great, a couple of years ago i ordered a custom built front wheel, a rim and some spokes on a monday afternoon.

Tuesday morning they called and said 'are you sure you want spokes that short? The only hub that could use spokes that short is a Rohloff'. I confirmed that I did have a Rohloff. 'just wanted to make sure it was right', they said.

Wednesday afternoon after lunch I came to my office and found my custom wheel and all other parts waiting for me.

Great company, wish there were more places like them.

I hate to advocate drugs, violence or insanity to anyone, but they\'ve always worked for me.\' Hunter S. Thompson
  • Only used them twice - both times excellent.

I had to return part of the latest order, and they were as quick as they were when they sent the goods, no problems at all.

Only thing I have problems with in general with online ordering is the werid and wonderful sizing on some stuff...
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I've used 'em haf a dozen times and they've been flawless.

Ordered a set of wheels, tubes and a host of tools from them one Tuesday at 15:25, received the dispatch email at 17:45 and they came before 10am on the Thursday.

Placed a big order at silly o'clock this morning while waiting for Fuji qualifying. Wouldn't be surprised if ParcelForce were here on Tuesday morning.
  • samoff
    samoff Posts: 128
    Well, I've been waiting for two weeks now and no word from them at all about my order
    :roll:
    "Check your sheds! Check your sheds! I think I've lost my mind" Half Man Half Biscuit
  • Back in '05 I used to work for an ecommerce outfit that did a few fairly well know cycling shops. Their entire mantra was to copy Chain Reaction as best as possible on everything. I think that's enough of a reference.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,111
    i ordered a montane featherlite velo jacket at 3.15 yesterday; it arrived this morning. now that is service
    It's good, but the true test of service is when the item doesn't fit and needs to be returned, or when you get the wrong goods.

Only then do you get an understanding of the organisation's commitment to customer service.
  • samoff
    samoff Posts: 128
    edited November 2007
    samoff wrote:
    Well, I've been waiting for two weeks now and no word from them at all about my order
    :roll:

I chased them up today and they replied to say my shifters are 'on backorder'. I don't even know what that means - should I buy from someone else or are they going to send them next week?

It's nice to get a personal reply so soon, but then again, it turns out I've lost two weeks riding time and I'm back where I started. And if I hadn't chased then I'd have got no update or anything.
    "Check your sheds! Check your sheds! I think I've lost my mind" Half Man Half Biscuit
  • Always had disapponiting service from CRC myself, I prefer Wiggle. Usually next day delivery despite not paying the extra delivery charge, decent returns policy too.
  • CRC is just around the corner from me. I've been to their showroom and I was like a kid in a sweet shop.The staff are spot on when it comes to advice, there were times when something has been shown on the website as out of stock and someone has gone to look anyway and come back with the bit of kit I was after.Superb !
    dsc00020qd8.th.jpg
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    wilkies80 wrote:
    CRC is just around the corner from me. I've been to their showroom and I was like a kid in a sweet shop.The staff are spot on when it comes to advice, there were times when something has been shown on the website as out of stock and someone has gone to look anyway and come back with the bit of kit I was after.Superb !

Sort your sig out mate. It's too big.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Always had disapponiting service from CRC myself, I prefer Wiggle. Usually next day delivery despite not paying the extra delivery charge, decent returns policy too.

I'm another Wiggler mainly because of the Paypal option, a great help when you don't have a credit card. My last order with Wiggle was placed at 23:25 on Tuesday and was in my hand on Thursday morning using the free delivery option, the chargeable delivery option wouldn't have been any quicker.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • phelim
    phelim Posts: 91
    edited November 2007
    :D .
    pjmcg
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    CRC absolute cracking service cannot fault the guys.
  • Max_Man
    Max_Man Posts: 185
    Great service, ordered a set of rollers late Tuesday night (very first order from them) just arrived this morning. Will buy from them again no problem.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i ordered from them at 3.40 on tuesday and received my goods by their free first class post the next day when my lazy arse postman decided to deliver our post!