what' weather in dumfries and galloway?

inaperfectworld
inaperfectworld Posts: 219
edited September 2007 in Road beginners
i'm planning to do the lochs and glens south starting tommorrow. to anyone in that area what is the weather looking like. pretty cold like leeds?

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    Just had an email from my sister in Newton Stewart. It is cold and crisp.

In any case, as the saying goes, if you don't like the weather in Scotland, wait ten minutes!

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• hullo, i live in Dumfries and its bloody freezing right now, mainly dry tho, not had any rain today light showers yesterday and that is all from me Michael Fish lol. if you wanna know anything send me an email quig22@hotmail.co.uk like area what to do any good rides etc.
    felix's bike

pedal like you stole something!!!
  • Cunobelin
    Cunobelin Posts: 11,792
    This is a fun route, but the bad news is thatthe stretch between Crosshill and newton Stewart as you cross Glentrool Forest is very remote with no real accommodation or shelter apart from the village at Glentrool or the Pub where I stayed. http://www.houseohill.co.uk/main.htm

mainphoto.jpg
    <b><i>He that buys land buys many stones.
    He that buys flesh buys many bones.
    He that buys eggs buys many shells,
    But he that buys good beer buys nothing else.</b></i>
    (Unattributed Trad.)
  • The B and B in glentrool village is OK and the owner gave me a lift to the House o Hill Cunobelin pictures. Very good puddings! But the best B and B in area is The Break Pad at Castle Douglas. A 4* B and B run by cyclists!