I need a good track pump

GazelleBoy
GazelleBoy Posts: 32
edited September 2007 in Workshop
In the last few weeks I have tried 2 track pumps. The first was a Wrench Force Track Pump £40, but when it got upto 100psi it started leaking air and started pushing itself off. So I took it back and exchanged it for a Specialized Air Comp pump £40. This one is the one below there top of the range model, but whenever I attached it I got an air lock and couldnt get rid of it and couldnt pump any air in. I tried it with flat tyres and part pumped but no luck. There was no button to release the pressure as only the top model had that function. So now I am going to take that one back.

So does anyone know of a quality track pump £40-£50. I don't mind paying for the top of the range as long as it does what it says on the packaging (ie pump thing up). I used to have an SKS pump that gave years of excellent service but the don't make the rubber seals for that model any more. Any idaes would be much appreciated.

Ben
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike.
Then I realised that The Lord doesn\'t work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I got the cheapest specalized track pump, and I have no problems with it.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    I've had a Spesh for about 5 years now. Never had a problem.

There was a test in one of the mags recently.... but I didn't buy it so I couldn't which one won.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    are you sure you've got the correct valve in your Spesh pump?

Mine can pump either presta or schraeder but you have to swap the internals of the pump head to change over.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • The pump has two seperate holes for the different valves so it's obvious which is which.
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike.
    Then I realised that The Lord doesn\'t work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,593
    What about a Blackburn Airtower 4?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Topeak Joe Blow Sport - dogs knob - had mine 3 or 4 years and still as good as new - inflates to 160psi no probs - reversible valve fitting without having to take the innards out.
  • aarw
    aarw Posts: 448
    yeah, i'll second the joe blow sport. great job
  • Another vote for Joe Blow
    Be nice to grumpy old men (or else!)
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    SKS rencompressor, built to last, and fully rebuildable.
  • RennKompressor!!!! nice skinny barrel for getting to high pressures without doing too much of that silly ballet move. even my microscopic wife can put 100 psi in her own tyres now![/u]
    If you're as fat as me, all bikes are bendy.